Full Terms and Conditions
Ode to Desk Mascot Competition
- Open to all people residing in the UK except employees of Hiscox Limited and it’s subsidiaries and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion. This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by laws or regulations.
- Promotion Dates: Monday 28th April to Monday 12th May 2014 inclusive.
- No purchase necessary. Internet access, a Twitter account and a valid email account is required. Winners will be required to submit their postal address in order to receive their prize.
- To enter: Tweet us a picture of your Desk Mascot using the #OdeToDeskMascot between Monday 28th April and Monday 12th May 2014.
- Prizes: Winner of this promotion will receive an iPad Mini. This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by laws or regulations and residents in certain countries may be prohibited from wining or receiving the prize under their local laws.
- One entry per person.
- Prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Winner Selection: Winners will be selected at random on Tuesday 13th May 2014.
- Winner notification: Winner will be announced on Twitter within 1 day of the date of the draw. The winner will have 14 days to respond to the announcement by following instructions to submit their preferred postal address, confirming that they have read the terms and conditions, that they wish to claim the prize and confirming eligibility to win the prize. Failure to comply with this timeframe may result in disqualification of that winner and the prize being awarded to a reserve selected in the same manner.
- Prize delivery: Prizes will be dispatched within 28 days of winner verification.
- By entering the content you will not be added to any email or marketing lists. No correspondence will be entered into unless you are a winner.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity arising from the promotion.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is governed by the English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter:Hiscox UK, 1 Great St. Helen’s, London, EC3A 6HX