Helping customers survive and thrive
August 18th, 2020
The Covid-19 pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on all aspects of our lives from both a personal and business perspective.
At Hiscox, we wanted to try and help our business customers, so we launched our new Business Support Hub.
This gives Hiscox business insurance customers (whether you buy directly from us or via a broker) access to a range of handpicked services to help businesses survive in the short-term and ultimately thrive once things start returning to normal. These are available for free or at significantly reduced rates, saving our customers significant amounts of money.
We spoke to lots of businesses owners and the areas where they needed help were clear:
- Accessing additional funding, including the government schemes
- Issuing invoices and getting paid quicker
- Help managing HR and employment issues
- Legal support to review contracts, T&Cs and other document
- Accounting and cash flow management software and support
- Other business advice – marketing, moving online, health and safety etc.
- Maximising tax credits
As a result, we put together a selection of services from leaders in their respective fields. The Support Hub is also a handy place for existing customers to find the benefits included for free as part of their insurance, such as 24/7 unlimited calls to legal helplines and crisis containment cover with all commercial insurance policies.
In addition, we have also researched a range of other free services that any small business can access, including employee training, webinars and mental health support.
Some of the partners we are working with:
- Farillio – 3 months free access to their platform (normally £18 per month) which includes a range of videos, checklists, ‘how to’ guides and customisable templates covering a huge range of areas to help you manage and grow your business
- LawBite – free 15-minute call with one of their legal team and fixed price contract reviews (done in 24 hours) for just £149+ VAT
- Swoop – access to thousands of lending options and the government loan schemes and support
- Business HR – for just £60 a year, free calls to their HR specialist to talk through any employment related issue, access to training and customisable templates
- GovGrant – ‘no award, no fee’ consultancy who will work with you to maximise tax credits with free HMRC filing (normally between £250-1000 a year)
- PaperWrk – 60% discounts on their invoicing and payment chasing platform to help freelancers and small businesses get paid quicker
To learn more, and browse the range of services available, please visit the Business Support Hub.
We hope these services will help customers survive and thrive, whilst saving money in the process.