Protect your home with Home Insurance from Hiscox

Hiscox have a long and proud history of home insurance expertise. We’ve been providing specialist insurance policies and advice for decades, in fact, Hiscox currently provide buildings and contents cover for over 60,000 homes across the UK.

Whether you’re seeking a separate contents-only policy or a comprehensive home insurance package, we can provide a highly tailored policy to suit your needs.

Why choose Hiscox Home Insurance?

Here are some of the key reasons why our buildings and contents insurance continues to be an award-winning service:

Existing customer? We're here to help

Call on 0800 247 1902 Mon - Fri, 8am to 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm. Calls are free from a landline

Get a quote online in minutes

  • 0% interest on Direct Debit payments
  • Immediate coverage and documentation
  • No admin fees if you amend your policy

Contact our UK-based insurance experts 0800 247 1902

Mon-Fri, 8am to 7pm Sat, 9am to 2pm. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts

Exploding glass

Buildings cover

Protects the main structure of your home against loss or damage from risks such as fire, flood or subsidence.


Cover your contents

Protects your possessions both in the home and whilst temporarily away from the home.

Building and Contents Insurance

We understand that no two homes are the same, in order to offer the best possible protection our home insurance policies must be flexible and adaptable. That’s why we offer contents and buildings insurance as two separate policies, as well as a combined package.

Compare our award-winning cover

Not only has our home insurance been rated 5 star by Defaqto for 11 years running, Hiscox has also been awarded the 2017 Consumer Intelligence award for claims, as voted for by householders.

Why not take a look yourself? Compare us against your current buildings and contents insurance to find out what makes our policies stand out.

Specialist home insurance

Our extensive cover is designed to meet the needs of you and your home. We provide specialist buildings and contents insurance that includes cover for high-value items such as jewellery, art and collections as part of your policy. We also provide cover for second homes, Grade II listed properties and during building projects.

We'll help you select the policy that suits you and your home.

Unlimited home insurance

We know that estimating the total value of your home or possessions accurately can be difficult. To help make sure you're never underinsured we provide unlimited cover so you can be confident your home and possessions are covered, whatever the value of your loss. Find out more about our unlimited home insurance cover.

Hiscox UK

Rated 4.7 out of 5 for satisfied customer service

670 reviews

Get a home insurance quote online

It only takes a few minutes to get a personalised quote

  • 0% interest on Direct Debit payments
  • Immediate coverage and documentation
  • No admin fees if you amend your policy

Speak directly to our UK-based insurance experts 0800 247 1902

Mon - Fri, 8am to 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts

Other home products and cover

Every home is as unique as its owner. We offer a range of products to tailor cover to your individual needs and circumstances.

By adding optional home emergency cover to your policy, you'll get swift assistance from our approved contractors for things like blocked drains, failed heating systems, interrupted gas or electricity supply and lost house keys.

When added to your home insurance policy, legal expenses cover can protect you against the cost of legal action in situations ranging from injuries to employment disputes.

When you buy a Hiscox Home Insurance policy, we offer a discount if you've made no claims during the previous full year that you've held a policy. If you've made no claims during the last five years, we'll apply a no claims discount of 25% to your premium.

Unlike many insurers we can provide specialist listed building insurance.

We can provide insurance for your second home if your main home is insured with us, giving you just one document to file and one premium to pay. 

If you insure your main home with us we can also cover your holiday home with the same contents and buildings cover, and to make things even easier, both properties will be on the same policy.

If you plan to carry out building works worth more than £75,000 our market-leading protection can give you complete confidence that your buildings, contents and materials will be fully covered if anything goes wrong. Additional cover is also available for larger projects. 

Existing customers

If you already have a policy with us and need to get in touch, our home insurance specialists are here to help.

Make a claim

When things go wrong, we’re the experts in putting it right. Need to make a claim?

Our claims promise

Our UK-based claims handlers are here to act swiftly and in your best interests. Find out more about our superior claims service.