Get the right protection for your needs
For more than a decade we have been providing professional indemnity policies direct to our customers. Our policies can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your business, with a range of options available based on the requirements of your business or clients.
Our professional indemnity insurance for Design and Construct can help protect against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
Why Choose Hiscox Design and Construct PI Insurance?
We have a passion for precision when it comes to building a policy on the right basis, to meet the requirements set by your professional body if required, and to provide peace of mind that you are protected in case of a claim.
Our policy includes cover for:
- Negligence or breach of duty of care – delaying a project through negligence such as errors in designs or a breach of a duty of care. Negligence in the production of feasibility studies, technical information or surveys.
- Infringement of intellectual property rights – for example allegations that a copyrighted design has been used without the owner’s permission, or using content from a website or publication without permission.
- Breach of confidence or misuse of information – where it is alleged that you have revealed or shared information which is confidential or restricted, such as where a non-disclosure agreement is in place.
- Failure to warn - Where deficiencies in the designs of others exist, and whilst carrying these out you do not report these deficiencies when discovered.
- Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act – where disputes which would be covered under our policy are referred to adjudication.
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer. Our policy wordings and summaries of the cover we provide can be downloaded and reviewed, but we encourage you to contact us to discuss your requirements if you have any questions on 01904 293 492
Get a professional indemnity quote online
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
What is your profession?
Find out more about the professional indemnity insurance covers we offer to a wide range of professions in the list below. If your profession is not listed, please see our professional indemnity insurance policy for other professionals.