Business insurance for Painters and decorators

For professional decorators and painters, insurance provides peace of mind when things don’t go to plan. An unhappy customer, an employee falling off a ladder at work, or having your tools damaged or stolen can all be expensive and time-consuming setbacks. Hiscox business insurance for painters and decorators provides the reassurance that you’re covered, so you can keep on working.

Get a quote for your business in minutes

Tell us about your business – We’ll help you to build your quote and explore your insurance needs.

Get a quote

Getting insurance as a painter and decorator

Working for yourself can be hard enough – dealing with new business enquiries, completing painting jobs on time and keeping on top of the paperwork. But extra hassle like an unhappy customer, accidental damage to property, or an injury to you or an employee can be stressful and expensive. Hiscox business insurance for painters and decorators provides cover for the unexpected, so you can get on with your business.

Why you need business insurance as a painter and decorator

Falling off a ladder

It may seem like a cliché, but if a ladder collapses while an employee is painting a kitchen or they don’t notice an uneven surface, falling off could see them out of action for several weeks. That means lost money for the business and future other work too, plus they might make a claim against you for the injury. Hiscox employer liability cover can take away some of the stress by helping with the costs of defending yourself against a claim.

When the ceiling comes down

Imagine part of a newly plastered ceiling in a client’s living room collapses while you’re decorating it. It’s almost certainly not your fault, but a client might see it differently. Whether you’re right or not, you may well face a claim and your public liability insurance will cover your legal costs to defend yourself, as well as any settlement you need to pay.

Laptop and mobile phone theft

Your painting and decorating business relies on specialist tools, but you need to think about your laptop and mobile phone too. If they’re stolen, you have no way of contacting your clients or dealing with your invoicing and accounts. With Hiscox office equipment you can sort replacements quickly, so you’re able to get back on track.

Not sure what you need?

If you’re not sure what you need, tell us a bit more about your work as a painter and decorator. We’ll help you to build your quote and explore any other insurance needs.

Build my cover

Key types of insurance for painters and decorators

Get your business insurance quote in minutes

These are just some of the types of business insurance for painters and decorators that we can offer. We can provide other specific types of cover and build them into a policy that’s tailored to the exact needs of your business.

Get your quote