What is office contents insurance?
Office contents insurance protects your business equipment such as computers, office furniture and documents, whether you work in a separate office premises or from your home office.
Our insurance policy covers your business against risks such as theft, fire and water damage, even if the contents are temporarily away from the workplace. As a specialist insurer, we are also able to provide broader cover, meaning non-standard items such as artwork or visitors’ personal belongings are covered as standard.
Hiscox office contents insurance includes:
- full theft cover including theft that occurs during normal business hours. Losses are covered even where there is no evidence of forced or violent entry to your premises
- accidental damage cover as standard, including any damage to glass and signs you are responsible for
- cover for contents away from the office, for example at an employee’s home or in transit, up to a maximum of £25,000
- personal property (belonging to employees or visitors) on the business premises, including non-standard items such as artwork, is covered up to £5,000.
- loss of data - costs to reinstate data after a fire for example, are covered up to £5,000.
You can also add a range of other covers to your policy:
Portable equipment insurance >
Business interruption insurance >
Equipment breakdown insurance >
Office buildings insurance >
What about if I work from home?
Hiscox office insurance covers your office whether it is based within commercial premises or your own home. So you don’t need to worry about taking out a specific home-based policy if you run your business from your own house.
Build a tailored business insurance policy
Running a business brings various risks, but these can be managed by taking out a tailored insurance policy that covers all bases. Your office insurance can be taken out alongside essentials such as public liability insurance and employers’ liability insurance, as well as additional extras like cyber and data risks insurance and personal accident insurance. And don’t forget that there are additional extras to consider when it comes to office insurance too, such as portable equipment insurance, and office buildings insurance – although you may not need this if you rent the premises you work from.
We want you to understand the office contents cover we offer.
Download office contents insurance summary of cover (PDF)
Download office contents insurance policy wording (PDF)