Professional Indemnity Insurance for Insurance Brokers
As a direct insurer we understand that it’s important to make sure your policy is right for your business. Our professional indemnity policy for insurance agents, appointed representatives, and insurance brokerages can be tailored to a wide range of models and meets financial conduct authority requirements.
Get protection against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with your work or that the advice you have provided is negligent.
Our comprehensive policy includes cover for:
- Negligence or breach of a duty of care, including Negligent Misstatement – Allegations that you have caused a financial loss to your clients through negligence, or cost them through incorrect advice. This can include the incorrect issuing of certifications or inaccurate representations which result in a financial loss.
- Infringement of intellectual property rights – for example utilising documentation that you do not have a right to.
- Breach of confidence or misuse of information – where confidential or regulated information is accidentally released or misused.
- Defamation – Where reputational harm is alleged by any of your clients or customers.
- Defence costs – for representing you before the Financial Conduct Authority or any other regulatory body for any disciplinary complaint which may lead to a claim against you, as long as it falls into the above categories.
More information about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
For more than a decade we have been providing professional indemnity policies direct to our customers. Our policies can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your business, with a range of options available to suit your needs whilst remaining fully compliant with FCA guidelines.
- Download Download Insurance Brokers professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
- Download Download Insurance Brokers professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
If you’re not sure what you need, tell us a little more about what you do. We’ll help you to build your quote and explore any other insurance needs.Build my cover
Insurance broker liability insurance
When considering what insurance for insurance brokers should include, it’s worth giving some thought to the risks your business is exposed to. If you visit clients at their premises or have clients or members of the public visiting yours, you could be held responsible for loss or damage that occurs.
Hiscox public liability insurance is designed to cover the cost of settling or defending a claim from a client or member of the public that they’ve suffered bodily injury or property damage as a result of your business. This could be something as simple as damaging a client’s high-spec laptop by spilling a drink while working at their office. If you don’t have the right cover in place it could end up being a very costly accident.
More about Hiscox Public Liability Insurance
It’s a legal requirement for most businesses with employees to have a minimum level of employers’ liability insurance in place. It’s designed to protect your business against the cost of settling or defending claims from an employee that they’ve suffered injury or disease because of the work they do for you. This could be an injury to a part-time worker caused by tripping over a loose bit of carpet, or long term conditions caused by office furnishings or equipment.
More about Hiscox Employers Liability Insurance
Our office contents policy protects home or office-based small businesses against the cost of replacing or repairing your owned or rented business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. You can also add portable equipment to your policy such as laptops, phones or tablets.
More about Hiscox Office Insurance
Cyber and data risks insurance
Our cyber and data risks insurance supports and protects businesses if they experience a data breach or are the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects their computer systems. It provides comprehensive cover, simplicity, reputation protection and a trusted partner in the event of a claim.
More about Hiscox Cyber and Data Risks Insurance
Personal accident insurance
What would happen to your business if you, or a key employee, were unable to work due to an accidental bodily injury? Hiscox personal accident insurance can help protect against the financial impact of this by providing your business with a lump sum or weekly amount.
More about Hiscox Personal Accident Insurance