Tailored cover for the risks you face
As a company which designs and constructs, your cover needs to take into account the services which make you unique. Our covers can be tailored for activities in property development, project management, mechanical installation, HVAC systems, roofing, flooring and more. Your clients may rely on your project management, accurate production and implementation of designs, or your expert advice. It’s important that your clients have faith in your services, but what happens when a client loses money because of a mistake you or your employees have made?
As a specialist Professional Indemnity insurer, Hiscox take a considered approach to offering Design and Construct insurance, offering bespoke solutions to protect your business.
Design and Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity protects your business against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with your work, or that your failure to warn of a design flaw has resulted in a financial loss.
Our comprehensive policy includes cover for:
- Negligence or breach of duty of care – delaying a project through negligence such as errors in designs or a breach of a duty of care. Negligence in the production of feasibility studies, technical information or surveys.
- Infringement of intellectual property rights – for example allegations that a copyrighted design has been used without the owner’s permission, or using content from a website or publication without permission.
- Failure to warn - Where deficiencies in the designs of others exist, and whilst carrying these out you do not report these deficiencies when discovered.
- Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act – where disputes which would be covered under our policy are referred to adjudication.
More about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for Design and Construct
Our office contents policy protects home or office-based professionals against the cost of replacing or repairing their business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. If you’re out and about a lot with your work, you could also consider adding on cover for portable equipment (e.g. laptops and phones).
More about Hiscox Office Insurance
We also offer employers’ liability insurance and cyber and data risks insurance, designed specifically for small businesses. You can add our different covers together to create one simple insurance policy for your business, and then pay by interest-free Direct Debit instalments.
Winner 8 years running
Tailor your business insurance quote
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
Cyber and data risks insurance
Our cyber and data risks insurance supports and protects businesses if they experience a data breach or are the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects their computer systems. It provides comprehensive cover, simplicity, reputation protection and a trusted partner in the event of a claim.
More about Hiscox Cyber and Data Risks Insurance
What is your profession?
Find out more about the range of insurance covers we offer to specific industries and professions in the list below: