The complete guide to cyber security
Our hub brings together a range of valuable resources so that you can explore the answers to some of the most important queries around cyber security today. The more you know about the world of cybercrime, the better prepared you’ll be to protect your business against it.
Find out more beneath each question...
From anti-virus software to patching - keeping your networks secure is vital.
Do you understand why cyber security is important?
Do you know how to keep your business network safe?
- How to test IT networks for vulnerabilities (external link)
- Test your business security and keep your company safe (external link)
Do you know why encrypting your wireless network is important?
- How to build a secure wireless network (external link)
- Lock down your WiFi network: 8 tips for small businesses (external link)
Do you know how to spot a phishing email or scam?
Do you know how to prevent hacking?
- The future of hacking and why small businesses should be taking it seriously
- The importance of two-step authentication (external link)
Do you know how to remove malware?
Is your business PCI compliant?
Does your business use online payment systems such as PayPal?
Do you know the risks of working from a public hotspot?
Do you know how to stay secure while working on the go?
Education is key - are you doing everything you can to prevent an attack?
Do you know how to secure data?
- Data protection: A small business guide to computer encryption (external link)
- How to use encryption in a small business (external link)
Do you have a back-up strategy in place?
Do you know how to secure your cloud data?
Are your social media accounts secure?
- Top 5 social media safety tips (external link)
- How to be secure with social media (external link)
- Common risks businesses face with social media (external link)
Are you aware of the cyber risks with email?
Does your business have cyber security support?
Do you know how to stop spam emails?
Do you know how to deal with a computer virus?
- How to clean a network virus (external link)
- How to recover from a virus attack (external link)
- How to remove a Trojan, virus, worm, or other malware (external link)
Do you know why software updates are important?
At Hiscox, we want to help your small business thrive. Our blog has many articles you may find relevant and useful as your business grows. But these articles aren’t professional advice. So, to find out more on a subject we cover here, please seek professional assistance.