Get the right protection for your needs
Opinions can differ and business and management consultants are vulnerable to allegations of negligence if their recommendations or advice fail to meet a client’s expectations and cause financial loss. At Hiscox, we provide professional indemnity insurance cover for over 32,000 management consultants*, so you can be confident that we understand the risks you face in your profession.
Our professional indemnity insurance policy for management consultants protects you against the cost of settling or defending a claim from a client that there is a problem with the work you have done for them. Our policy is available for professionals working in areas such as business consultancy for HR, finance or quality assurance.
* As at 31st July 2016 we insure 32,649 management consultants.
Why choose Hiscox business and management consultants professional indemnity insurance?
You will be covered for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More information about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
We’ll defend you
If a claim is made against you, and we think you have a reasonable chance of defending it successfully, we have the duty to defend you. This includes defending the entirety of a claim, even if some parts of it are not covered by your professional indemnity insurance policy. Get peace of mind that should a claim be made, you can focus on what you do best and leave our experts to deal with the complaint. We will deduct the costs incurred in defending the non-covered portion of a claim from the final settlement.
Protect your good reputation
Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for business and management consultants includes free crisis containment cover. This provides access to specialist public relations support if a covered claim looks likely to damage the reputation of your business. So, should the worst happen, you can let the experts manage your response to events while you focus on running your business.
Winner 8 years running
Get a professional indemnity quote online
- Award-winning claims service
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer for business and management consultants.
What is your profession?
Find out more about the professional indemnity insurance covers we offer to a wide range of professions in the list below. If your profession is not listed, please see our professional indemnity insurance policy for other professionals.