Get the right protection for your needs
If you don’t fit into any of our named professions, our professional indemnity insurance policy for other professionals could be the answer. It’s designed to cover a wide range of businesses and professions and is built upon our experience of providing award-winning insurance tailored to the needs of small businesses.
Our professional indemnity policy for other professionals can help protect you against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
We insure over 13,000* businesses under the Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for other professionals policy. Popular professions within this include:
- compliance consultants
- event and wedding planners
- risk management consultants.
But we also cover more unusual businesses, such as:
- genealogical researchers
- polygraph testers
- feng shui consultants
- private investigators
Why choose Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for other professionals
Our policy provides cover for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered
- negligent misstatement or misrepresentation – making a mistake or error when providing information.
More about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
We’ll defend you
If a claim is made against you, and we think you have a reasonable chance of defending it successfully, we have the duty to defend you. This includes defending the entirety of a claim, even if some parts of it are not covered by your professional indemnity insurance policy. Get peace of mind that should a claim be made, you can focus on what you do best and leave our experts to deal with the complaint. We will deduct the costs incurred in defending the non-covered portion of a claim from the final settlement.
Protect your hard-earned reputation
Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for other professionals includes free crisis containment cover. This provides access to specialist public relations support if a covered claim looks likely to damage the reputation of your business. So, should the worst happen, you can let the experts manage your response to events while you focus on running your business.
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer under our other professionals policy, which is available to a wide range of business activities and professions.
- Download professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
- Download professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
* As at February 2014, we insure 13,428 professionals and small businesses under our PI for other professions policy.
Winner 8 years running
Get a professional indemnity quote online
- Award-winning claims service
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts