As a professional plumber, you put a lot of care and attention into your work. But over the course of the countless jobs you might do, there is always the chance that something could go wrong. And in the event of a bodily injury or damage to someone’s property, that could have serious consequences for your business.
Fortunately, our plumber’s insurance can help in these situations. With cover that’s tailored to your specific work activities, you’ll have the protection and peace of mind you need.
Our plumber’s insurance can cover:
- Individual plumbers or several employees
- Plumbing work conducted at a range of property types, including domestic, commercial and hazardous locations
- Personal injuries that occur while carrying out plumbing jobs
- Tools and vehicles that your business uses
Professional indemnity insurance for plumbers
For a lot of plumbers, no two days are the same. The clients, buildings, and problems you work with are always changing, so you need to be covered against all eventualities. If a client claims there is a problem with the work you have done for them, you may have to defend yourself in court. This could be where a client alleges you have given incorrect advice or made a mistake that is expensive to fix.
This is where our professional indemnity insurance can help. It could cover the costs of defending or settling a court case against you, while helping to minimise any interruption to your day-to-day business.
For example, our plumber’s business insurance provides cover for:
- Negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- Disputes caused by your breach of a duty of care referred under the Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act 1996
- Criminal defence costs relating to a regulation or statute which applies to your business, such as the CDM regulations
- Infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- Breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- Negligent misstatement or misrepresentation – making a mistake or error when providing information
- Civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More information about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
Tailor your business insurance quote
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
Employers’ liability insurance for plumbers
Do you employ other people in your plumbing business? If so, there’s always a chance that they could become injured or ill because of something that happens at work. This could result in them taking legal action to seek compensation from you. And if you were exposed for breaking health and safety regulations, you could be prosecuted.
Employer’s liability insurance can give you the protection you need in these situations, potentially covering the cost of defending or settling legal cases. However, it’s worth noting that this kind of plumber’s insurance only covers your employees, and it doesn’t protect you personally.
More about Hiscox Employers’ Liability Insurance
Do I need both public liability + Employers’ liability insurance?
If you employ one or more members of staff, your business is legally required to have employers’ liability insurance. Public liability insurance is not required legally, but many businesses that serve members of the public think that this kind of plumber’s liability insurance is essential. It’s worth noting that your employees are not covered by public liability insurance.
Personal Accident insurance for plumbers
Our personal accident insurance is designed to support you, as a business owner, if you or a key employee are unable to work due to an accidental bodily injury. The sudden loss of a member of staff could have a significant detrimental effect on your business. This plumber’s insurance policy can help protect against the financial impact by providing your business with a lump sum or weekly amount up to the limit of your cover.
More about Hiscox Personal Accident Insurance
Cyber & Data insurance for plumbers
As a plumber, computers might not be an integral part of your business, but you probably still use them for record-keeping or appointment-booking. If you do, there is always the risk of being attacked by a hacker or experiencing a data leak. In these situations, cyber and data insurance could be very helpful. This kind of plumber’s insurance protects you against potential legal and recovery costs in the event of an incident, while providing you with year-round peace of mind.
More about Hiscox Cyber and Data Risks Insurance
Winner 8 years running
What is your profession?
Find out more about the range of insurance covers we offer to specific industries and professions in the list below: