Are you clear how far your cover goes?
Be confident you’re covered
To help make sure you reduce the risk of being underinsured, you may be entitled to unlimited cover. This means that whatever the value of your loss, you can be more confident you’re covered.
Hiscox Home Insurance is offered on an Unlimited basis for customers who buy directly from Hiscox in the following circumstances:
Home Contents cover
- Contents sum insured is less than £150,000
- Highest value of any single item of contents is less than £15,000
- The sum insured for Fine Art is less than £75,000
- The sum insured for Valuables, e.g. Jewellery, is less than £75,000
- The market value of the property is less than £1.5 million
- The property rebuild cost is less than £750,000
- The sum insured for outbuildings is less than £100,000
67% of new Home Insurance customers who purchased direct from Hiscox in the last 12 months enjoy unlimited cover (May 2023).
For some claims, such as tracing a leak, losing money while away from home or retrieving lost data, we apply certain limited which are detailed in your policy documents.
For other claims, there is no limit to the total value we'll pay for the cost of repairing or replacing damage or loss. This means that if there was a fire at your home or if you were burgled, there would be no cap on the total amount we could pay for a claim. We'd pay up to £15,000 for any individual item, pair or set that's not been listed – yet the total amount we'd pay is limitless. For jewellery, watches, art and collections, we simply ask you to tell us how much cover you need.
There are some circumstances where you will not get Unlimited cover, for example if your property is listed, if your property is to let or for items in storage.