Our holiday home insurance can be taken out by anyone who insures their main home with us. Your holiday home will benefit from the same contents and buildings cover, and both properties will be on the same policy for ultimate ease.

All you need to do is call and tell us a few details about your holiday home and your cover will be up and running in no time.

Your holiday home will benefit from our unlimited cover

We’ll provide both properties with unlimited cover so you can be confident you’re protected whatever the value of your loss. You only need to list any items, pairs or sets worth £15,000 or more and give us a total value for any jewellery, art and collections. There’s a maximum amount we’d pay for certain claims, such as tracing and repairing a leak. However, the cover we provide is still higher than most other home insurance policies. Visit our cover details page to learn more.

Hiscox UK

Rated 4.7 out of 5 for satisfied customer service

670 reviews

Key benefits of our UK holiday home cover

Most aspects of your main home insurance policy will also apply to your holiday home. For example, if you chose to add legal expenses cover to your main home policy, it’ll also apply to your holiday home. Home emergency cover can be applied separately for each property so you can choose to add it to your holiday home, even if you haven’t taken it out on your main home. You’ll also get:

  • unlimited cover – the total amounts we'll pay for loss and damage to your buildings and contents are unlimited unless stated otherwise in your policy documents
  • no need to list any individual items, pairs or sets unless they’re worth £15,000 or more so you don’t have to spend time listing everything you own
  • home office cover – if you added this to your main home policy
  • legal expenses cover – if you added this to your main home policy
  • optional home emergency cover – £1,000 of cover per claim for emergency repairs at your second home.

To find out more about the cover that applies to both properties, read your Hiscox Home Insurance policy documents:

Is this the right cover for your property?

UK holiday home cover is suitable for properties in the UK that are used less than once every two weeks. If your property is used more frequently than this, our second home cover might be suitable for you.

Unfortunately, we are not able to insure holiday homes outside the UK.

Quote and buy today

To speak to one of our UK-based insurance experts, please call us on: 0800 247 1902

Existing customer

If you already have a policy with us and need to get in touch, our home insurance specialists are here to help.

Make a claim

When things go wrong, we’re the experts in putting it right
Need to make a claim?

Our claims promise

Our UK-based claims handlers are here to act swiftly and in your best interests. Find out more about our superior claims service.

2016 Consumer Intelligence Most Trusted, , as voted for by householders