For a small increase in the cost of your home insurance, you can receive £100,000 of legal expenses cover. This add-on is designed to protect you if you’re faced with paying for legal action or advice.
What is legal expenses insurance?
As a policy add-on to our home insurance, legal expenses cover can protect you against the cost of taking legal action should a situation arise where it’s needed. When you take out our home insurance, you can choose to add legal expenses cover to your policy. This provides up to £100,000 per claim for the cost of negotiating or pursuing your legal rights against a wide variety of legal issues.
This cover also protects all permanent members of your household and includes, among other things:
- certain types of employment and contract disputes
- bodily injury claims for sudden injuries or illnesses
- property disputes for damage worth more than £100
- court expenses relating to any of the claims we cover
- expert legal advice before making any claim
- no excess to pay