Tailored cover for the risks you face.
Pyschotherapy can be a highly personal journey for both parties, ensuring that both you and your client are protected for the duration is essential. Psychotherapists’ insurance protects you against claims of malpractice, negligence and employee disputes – not to mention your business property.
Professional treatment insurance for psychotherapists
Helping people is at the core of your profession, but sometimes even your best efforts might not achieve the results your clients are looking for. And if they hold you responsible, you could face legal claims for malpractice. Professional treatment insurance for psychotherapists covers you in situations like:
- If an error or omission by you, while acting in a business activity, caused bodily or mental injury, disease or death to a client.
- If you provide advice to a client, and they consider it to have been ill-considered or incorrect.
- If you accidentally share information about your client, without their consent.
Public liability insurance for psychotherapists
Liability insurance for psychotherapists protects you from the legal costs involved in defending or settling a claim. If a client, or a member of the public, was injured or their property damaged as a result of your business – you could be liable.
Although a person slipping on a wet floor while visiting your practice would be accidental, you might still be held financially responsible. And without the cover of public liability insurance, a small accident like this could mean big trouble for your business. This type of psychotherapists’ liability insurance would cover you in situations like:
- If you visit a client at home and accidentally break a valuable piece of pottery.
- If a client or member of the public trips on an unmarked step and injures themselves, while visiting your office.
More about Hiscox Public Liability insurance
Employers’ liability insurance
Do you employ other people in your psychotherapy business? If so, there’s always a chance that they could become injured or ill because of something that happens at work. This could result in them taking legal action to seek compensation from you. And if you were exposed for breaking health and safety regulations, you could be prosecuted.
Employer’s liability insurance can give you the protection you need in these situations, potentially covering the cost of defending or settling legal cases. However, it’s worth noting that this kind of psychotherapists’ insurance only covers your employees, and it doesn’t protect you personally.
More about Hiscox Employers’ liability insurance
Do I need both public liability + employers’ liability insurance?
If you employ one or more members of staff, your business is legally required to have employer’s liability insurance. Public liability insurance is not required legally, but many businesses that serve members of the public think that this kind of psychotherapists’ liability insurance is essential. It’s worth noting that your employees are not covered by public liability insurance.
Winner 8 years running
Our office contents policy protects home or office-based small businesses against the cost of replacing or repairing your business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. You can also add a range of specialist covers to your policy such as:
- Portable equipment – cover for equipment outside of the office, such as mobiles and laptops
- Business interruption – cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to practice due to an unexpected interruption
- Equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment
More about Hiscox Office Insurance
Tailor your business insurance quote
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
What is your profession?
Find out more about the range of insurance covers we offer to specific industries and professions in the list below: