Cover against claims for malpractice and liability
As a beautician, you deal with clients hands-on during your working day. And while that’s important to your job, it also poses a legal risk. If a client claims that you did something wrong, you could have to defend yourself in court. In these situations, Hiscox beauticians’ insurance can help by covering the costs of defending or settling a legal claim against you.
Our insurance is tailored to common beauty activities, including but not limited to:
- UV tanning + spray tanning
- Facials + skin treatments
- Lash tinting
- Eyebrow plucking and threading
- Ear piercing
- Body wrapping
Concerned that Beauticians insurance isn’t the one for you? Hiscox insure a huge variety of beauty professionals, to see the full range visit our Hair & Beauty Insurance page and select the cover that best matches your business.
Beautician liability insurance: Professional Treatment Liability cover
Even though you’re cautious and careful with your clients, there’s always the risk that something could go wrong during a treatment. And if a client claims you caused them injury or illness, you could face an expensive court case. Our professional treatment liability insurance can be very helpful in these situations. It covers you if any of your clients takes legal action over a problem with your work. For example, this kind of beautician insurance protects you:
- If a client claims that you injured them during a treatment. For example, they say that you damaged their skin during a waxing treatment.
- If a client has a bad reaction to a product you used. For example, some people are allergic to the ingredients in cosmetics.
Beautician liability insurance: Public Liability cover
If you’re interacting with members of the public, there’s a small risk that something outside of your work activities could cause harm. And if a client claims that your business has caused them injury or damaged their property, you could face a court case. For this reason, many companies that deal with the public have public liability insurance. It can help you defend or settle a court case if you’re even sued by a member of the public.
Public liability insurance for beauticians would protect you:
- If a client or member of the public were to sustain a personal injury on your premises. For example, if they were to trip on a wet floor.
- If a client’s property were to be damaged by your business. For example, if you were to knock over and break an expensive item while visiting a client in their home.
- If, during your work day, you or an employee were in a car accident. In some situations, the other parties could claim that your business is responsible.
More about Hiscox Public Liability insurance
Employers’ liability insurance for beauticians
Do you employ other people in your beauty business? If so, there’s always a chance that they could become injured or ill because of something that happens at work. This could result in them taking legal action to seek compensation from you. And if you are exposed for breaking health and safety regulations, you could be prosecuted.
Employers’ liability insurance can give you the protection you need in these situations, potentially covering the cost of defending or settling legal cases. However, it’s worth noting that this kind of beauticians’ insurance only covers your employees, and it doesn’t protect you personally.
More about Hiscox Employers’ liability insurance
Do I need both Public liability + Employers’ liability insurance?
If you employ one or more members of staff, your business is legally required to have employers’ liability insurance. Public liability insurance is not required legally, but many businesses that serve members of the public consider this kind of beautician liability insurance essential. It’s worth noting that your employees are not covered by public liability insurance.
Tailor your business insurance quote
- Award-winning claims service
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
Our office contents policy protects home or office-based small businesses against the cost of replacing or repairing your business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. You can also add a range of specialist covers to your policy such as:
- Portable equipment – cover for equipment outside of the office, such as laptops and phones
- Business interruption – cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption
- Equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment.
More about Hiscox Office Insurance
Personal Accident insurance
Our personal accident insurance is designed to support you, as a business owner, if you or a key employee are unable to work due to an accidental bodily injury. The sudden loss of a member of staff could have a significant detrimental effect on your business. This beauticians’ insurance policy can help protect against the financial impact by providing your business with a lump sum or weekly amount up to the limit of your cover.
More about Hiscox Personal Accident insurance
Cyber & Data insurance
As a beautician, computers might not be an integral part of your business, but you probably still use them for record-keeping or appointment-booking. If you do, there is always the risk of being attacked by a hacker or experiencing a data leak. In these situations, cyber and data insurance could be very helpful. This kind of beautician insurance protects you against potential legal and recovery costs in the event of an incident, while providing you with year-round peace of mind.
More about Hiscox Cyber & Data Protection Insurance
Winner 8 years running
What is your profession?
Find out more about the range of insurance covers we offer to specific industries and professions in the list below: