Get the right protection for your needs
As an engineer you’re used to designing bespoke solutions. Using our knowledge of the risks you face, Hiscox has designed an industry-specific professional indemnity insurance policy which is tailored to the needs of your profession.
If you are currently working in areas such as building services, electrical inspecting, heating or ventilation, our engineers professional indemnity policy can help protect you if a client claims that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
Why choose Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for engineers?
Cover is provided for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- disputes caused by your breach of a duty of care referred under the Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act 1996
- criminal defence costs relating to a regulation or statute which applies to your business, such as the CDM regulations
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- negligent misstatement or misrepresentation – making a mistake or error when providing information
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More information about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
Do I need any other types of insurance?
When it comes to engineering, insurance can offer vital protection against a number of elements that could have a dramatic impact on your work should things go wrong. When considering what other insurance cover you realistically need as an engineer, it helps to assess the most likely risks in the work you do and how you would cope should things go wrong. For example, if a member of the public were to bring a claim for compensation against you because they’d tripped over tools you left on the pavement, you could benefit from having previously taken out a public liability insurance policy. And if you worry about how your business would cope financially if you or a key employee was unable to work due to an accidental bodily injury, you may find peace of mind in covering your business with a personal accident policy.
More about Hiscox’s business insurance for engineers
Winner 8 years running
Get a professional indemnity quote online
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer for engineers.
What is your profession?
Find out more about the professional indemnity insurance covers we offer to a wide range of professions in the list below. If your profession is not listed, please see our professional indemnity insurance policy for other professionals.