Tailored cover for the risks you face
As an IT consultant, trust is everything and it’s vital you’re adequately protected should anything go wrong. Although we all do our best to carry out our work error-free, accidents and mistakes do happen, leaving all businesses vulnerable to claims of negligence.
IT Consultants Insurance protects both you and your equipment, and your clients and theirs. Hiscox professional indemnity insurance for IT consultants and suppliers, meanwhile, can help protect against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them. It is available for IT consultants, contractors and trainers.
Professional indemnity insurance for IT consultants and suppliers
We have a deep understanding of the IT sector and are passionate about technology (you may have seen us in the Sunday Times as a lead sponsor of the Sunday Times Tech Track 100).
Any business providing a professional service is vulnerable to claims of negligence, professional indemnity insurance for IT contractors protects your business against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim. Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for IT consultants also includes free crisis containment cover. This means that you’d get access to specialist public relations support if a covered claim against you were to threaten the reputation of your company.
Our policy includes cover for:
- unintentional breach of a contract with a client – in our experience, breach of contract is one of the most common insurance claims in your industry and it’s why we cover it as standard
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More information about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer. IT contractors and consultants are covered under our professional indemnity policy for technology companies.
IT Contractors Liability insurance
As an IT consultant you might wonder whether you need public liability insurance. It’s designed to cover the cost of settling or defending a claim from a member of the public where they have suffered bodily injury or property damage as a result of your business. It’s worth bearing in mind that this includes claims from clients, such as if you were to damage a piece of equipment whilst working on a project at a client’s office.
More about Hiscox Public Liability Insurance
Our office contents policy protects home or office-based small businesses against the cost of replacing or repairing your business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. You can also add a range of specialist covers to your policy such as:
- portable equipment – cover for equipment outside of the office, such as laptops and phones
- business interruption – cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption
- equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment.
More about Hiscox Office Insurance
Cyber and data risks insurance
Our cyber and data risks insurance is designed to support and protect businesses if they experience a data breach or are the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects their computer systems. It provides comprehensive cover, simplicity, reputation protection and a trusted partner in the event of a claim.
More about Hiscox Cyber and Data Risks Insurance
Personal accident insurance
What would happen to your business if you, or a key employee, were unable to work due to an accidental bodily injury? Hiscox personal accident insurance can help protect against the financial impact of this by providing your business with a lump sum or weekly amount.
More about Hiscox Personal Accident Insurance
Winner 8 years running
Tailor your business insurance quote
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
What is your profession?
Find out more about the range of insurance covers we offer to specific industries and professions in the list below: