Get a quote
You're good at what you do and have confidence in the quality of your work. So, as a contractor, why do you need professional indemnity insurance? The reality is that anyone providing a professional service that can be challenged is vulnerable to a claim of negligence when the advice or service fails to meet a client's expectations. From allegations that a duty of care has been breached to accusations of defamation, these kinds of claims can be costly and disruptive regardless of whether they're fair or not.
Why do you need it?
- Negligence – being careless in your work, such as giving bad advice or making a mistake
- Infringement of intellectual property rights – for example re-using content from a website without permission
- Defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- Breach of confidence – sharing confidential or commercially sensitive information without consent
How much cover should you consider?
- We can provide a range of covers to suit your business needs
- The level of cover you need depends on the risks your business faces
- You should consider how much legal fees and compensation could cost you
- It’s worth checking if your clients’ contracts require you to have a minimum level of cover