For more than a decade we have offered specialist professional indemnity insurance to IT companies. Our understanding of your industry enables us to provide broader protection than many standard professional indemnity policies.
Our professional indemnity insurance for IT consultants and suppliers can help protect against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them. It is available for IT consultants, contractors and trainers.
Why choose Hiscox IT consultants professional indemnity insurance?
We have a deep understanding of the IT sector and are passionate about technology (you may have seen us in the Sunday Times as a lead sponsor of the Sunday Times Tech Track 100).
Our policy includes cover for:
- unintentional breach of a contract with a client – in our experience, breach of contract is one of the most common insurance claims in your industry and it’s why we cover it as standard
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More information about Hiscox professional indemnity insurance >
Protect your hard-earned reputation
Hiscox professional indemnity insurance for IT consultants includes free crisis containment cover. This means that you’d get access to specialist public relations support if a covered claim against you were to threaten the reputation of your company. It essentially allows you to keep running your business whilst safe in the knowledge that experts are handling the crisis efficiently for you.
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer. IT consultants are covered under our professional indemnity policy for technology companies.
Download technology companies professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
Download technology companies professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
Do I need any additional insurance?
As an IT consultant, insurance may seem like somewhat of a minefield. However, you can rest assured that Hiscox provides a full range of business insurance policies that can be chosen to create a tailored package that suits your individual needs. These include employers’ and public liability insurance, office insurance, cyber and data risks insurance, and personal accident insurance, so you can cover all bases when it comes to protecting yourself financially.
More about Hiscox’s full range of business insurance >
Not your industry?
More profession-specific professional indemnity insurance policies >