Why choose Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for translators?
Our policy provides cover for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
We’ll defend you
If a claim is made against you, and we think you have a reasonable chance of defending it successfully, we have the duty to defend you. This includes defending the entirety of a claim, even if some parts of it are not covered by your professional indemnity insurance policy. Get peace of mind that should a claim be made, you can focus on what you do best and leave our experts to deal with the complaint. We will deduct the costs incurred in defending the non-covered portion of a claim from the final settlement.
Maintain your good reputation
Hiscox PI insurance for translators can also give you access to free crisis containment cover, meaning that if a claim threatens to damage your business’s reputation, PR specialists will be on hand to help. Damage control is essential in these types of scenario, so having experts on board could mean the difference between recovery and ruination.