Creating the perfect finish is part and parcel of your job as a plasterer. To achieve perfection, you need to have a keen eye, work quickly and be extremely dexterous — even in awkward spaces. You could be working anywhere from a large country house, a family terraced home or a public building, and each requires different skills and techniques. You may even be coating the outside of a building which means you need a whole variety of skills. Wherever your job takes you, having the right kind of plasterers’ insurance to protect you and your business is essential.

Professional indemnity insurance for plasterers

Not all of your job involves being hands-on, and you may find yourself giving advice and recommendations to your clients. However, it doesn’t always matter how good your advice is. Even someone with years of experience behind them can make mistakes, and if you do your client can hold you liable.

Professional indemnity insurance for plasterers is an important way of covering your business if your client should make a claim that they suffered because of your advice. This insurance covers legal fees and compensation along with the cost of any repairs, injuries, or damage.

More about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance

Hiscox UK

Rated 4.7 out of 5 for satisfied customer service

2807 reviews
Call on 0800 2800 351 Mon - Fri, 8am to 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm excluding bank holidays.

Plasterers’ liability insurance

Public liability insurance is one of the most vital means of cover if you’re running your own plastering business. It covers you if a member of the public is accidentally hurt, or their property is damaged because of your business’ activities. Plasterers’ public liability insurance covers you if:

  • If you accidentally damage a client’s property - For example, you accidentally drop one of your tools and damage a client’s floor.
  • If a member of the public hurt themselves as a result of your work – Such as, if someone slips and falls on a bit of wet plaster which accidentally fell on to the floor.

More about Hiscox Public Liability Insurance

Employers’ liability insurance for plasterers

Do you employ other people in your plastering business? If you do, there’s always a chance that they could injure themselves or become ill because of something that happens at work. This could lead to them taking legal action against your business and seeking compensation. And if you were found to have broken health and safety regulations you could be prosecuted.

Your employers’ liability insurance will protect you in situations such as these and could cover the cost of defending or settling any legal cases. But remember, this type of plasterers’ liability insurance will only cover your employees and doesn’t protect you personally.

More about Hiscox Employers’ Liability Insurance


Do I need both public liability + employers’ liability insurance?

If you employ one or more members of staff, your business is legally required to have employer’s liability insurance. Public liability insurance is not required legally, but many businesses that serve members of the public think that this kind of plasterers’ liability insurance is essential. It’s worth noting that your employees are not covered by public liability insurance.

Start your business award 2017

Winner 8 years running

Office insurance

Protecting the tools of your trade is important for your business. Whether you have an office space or work out of a home office, our office insurance covers you for the cost of repairing or replacing your business equipment if it is damaged, lost or stolen. There are also a range of specialist cover you can add to your policy:

  • Tool cover – this covers the equipment that is needed to carry out your plastering work.
  • Portable equipment – cover for equipment outside of the office, such as mobiles and laptops
  • Business interruption – cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption
  • Equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment

More about Hiscox Office Insurance

Cyber and data insurance

If you run a plastering business, you need to keep on top of all your appointments, invoices and payments so it’s likely you use a computer for keeping track of your accounts. This means there’s always the risk of a cyber attack by hackers or the possibility of a data leak. Should this happen cyber and data insurance could prove invaluable and help you cover the cost of any potential legal and recovery action, as well as giving you peace of mind.

More about Hiscox Cyber and Data Risks Insurance

Tailor your business insurance quote

  • Award-winning claims service
  • Immediate coverage and documentation
  • No admin fees if you amend your policy

Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351

Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts

What is your profession?

Find out more about the range of insurance covers we offer to specific industries and professions in the list below: