As a specialist business insurer, Hiscox understands the risks you face and has developed an industry-specific business insurnace policy for estate and letting agents. Our professional indemnity insurance policy is also tailored for estate agents (including RICS and NAEA members), letting agents and property managers.

Our estate agents insurance can also be built to protect you against many of the other risks faced by small businesses. Choose the products that are right for your business and create one single and comprehensive insurance solution.

Call on 0800 2800 351 Mon - Fri, 8am to 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm excluding bank holidays.

Professional indemnity insurance for estate agents

Although none of us like the prospect of someone finding error with our work, any business providing a professional service is vulnerable to claims of negligence. Adding professional indemnity cover to your letting agent insurance plan can protect your business against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there are problems with your work.

Our profession specific cover provides protection for the risks you face in your industry, such as matters referred to any property ombudsman or when a client feels they’ve lost money as a result of a mistake you make.

You will be covered for:

  • negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
  • matters referred to any property ombudsman or to arbitration – including The Property Ombudsman or through the National Approved Letting Scheme
  • defence costs for proceedings brought against you under the Property Misdescription Act 1991 or the Estate Agents Act 1979
  • infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
  • breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
  • civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.

More information about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance


Your policy

We want you to understand the PI cover we offer for estate and letting agents.


Hiscox UK

Rated 4.7 out of 5 for satisfied customer service

2807 reviews

Liability insurance

For estate agents, public liability insurance can provide peace of mind that your business can cope with a claim for compensation made by a member of the public due to bodily injury or property damage. This would cover claims made by clients too. So if a client or a potential buyer were to slip and injure themselves on a spillage in your office, a public liability policy would cover the cost of settling or defending a resulting claim.

More about Hiscox Public Liability Insurance

We also offer Employers’ Liability Insurance, which for most businesses with employees is an insurance cover required by law. It’s designed to protect against the cost of settling or defending an employee claim for injury or disease as a result of the work they do for you.

More about Hiscox Employers’ Liability Insurance

Office insurance

Our office contents policy protects home or office-based small businesses against the cost of replacing or repairing your business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. You can also add a range of specialist covers to your policy such as:

  • portable equipment – cover for equipment outside of the office, such as laptops and phones
  • business interruption – cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption
  • equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment.

More about Hiscox Office Insurance

Start your business award 2017

Winner 8 years running

Cyber and data risks insurance

Our cyber and data risks insurance supports and protects businesses if they experience a data breach or are the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects their computer systems. It provides comprehensive cover, simplicity, reputation protection and a trusted partner in the event of a claim.

More about Hiscox Cyber and Data Risks Insurance

Personal accident insurance

What would happen to your business if you, or a key employee, are unable to work because of an accidental bodily injury? Hiscox Personal Accident Insurance can help protect against the financial impact of this by providing your business with a lump sum or weekly amount.

More about Hiscox Personal Accident Insurance

Tailor your business insurance quote

  • Award-winning claims service
  • Immediate coverage and documentation
  • No admin fees if you amend your policy

Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351

Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts

What is your profession?

Find out more about the range of insurance covers we offer to specific industries and professions in the list below: