Our surveyors professional indemnity insurance can help protect against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them. It can be modified to include building surveys, land surveys, auctioneering, quantity surveying, rating, and valuations for both lending and non-lending purposes.
Why choose Hiscox surveyors professional indemnity insurance?
We have a passion for precision when it comes to building a policy on the right basis, to meet the requirements set by your professional body, and to provide peace of mind that you are protected in case of a claim.
Our policy includes cover for:
- Negligence or breach of duty of care – delaying a project through negligence, errors in building surveys and allegations that you have not upheld professional standards which result in a loss to your clients
- Infringement of intellectual property rights – allegations that you have used designs or documents which do not belong to you.
- Breach of confidence - sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent.
- Defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation.
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer. Our policy wordings and summaries of the cover we provide can be downloaded and reviewed, but we encourage you to contact us to discuss your requirements if you have any questions on 01904 293 492. We can provide cover for RICS chartered surveyors, or for a range of other circumstances, so please select the relevant wording to suit you below:
- Download RICS surveyors professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
- Download RICS surveyors professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
- Download surveyors professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
- Download surveyors professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
Do I need any additional insurance?
As a surveyor, insurance may seem like something of a minefield. However, you can rest assured that Hiscox provides a full range of business insurance policies that can be chosen to create a tailored package that suits your individual needs. These include employers’ and public liability insurance, office insurance, cyber and data risks insurance, and personal accident insurance, so you can cover all bases when it comes to protecting yourself financially.
More about Hiscox’s full range of business insurance
Build my cover