As a professional cleaner you are in a position of great trust with your clients, and that trust is something you base your reputation on. Protecting your cleaning business – whether you employ two, or 200 people – helps to ensure that your name for expertise, care and reliability is maintained, no matter what accidents might happen.

Professional indemnity insurance for cleaners

Every day looks different in a cleaning company – different homes, different challenges and different requirements. And with so much variety, mistakes are likely to happen. What if you, or a staff member, discussed something you had seen in a client’s home publicly, and the client lost their job as a result? Professional indemnity insurance would cover you for claims of negligence made against your business.

Call on 0800 2800 351 Mon - Fri, 8am to 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm excluding bank holidays.

Public liability insurance for cleaners

Spending much of each working day in other peoples’ property is part and parcel of the cleaning profession. But if an accident happens and a member of the public is injured, or property is damaged as a result of your work – you need public liability insurance to cover the costs of any claims.

Common mistakes, such as the loss of a client’s keys, failing to secure a premise after working on it, and damage to property can cause great distress to a customer. If they decide to make a claim against you and your business, it’s important that you are covered for both the legal costs of defending such a claim, and to cover any compensation required.

More about Hiscox Public liability insurance

Employers’ liability insurance for cleaners

Do you employ other people in your cleaning business? If so, there’s always a chance that they could become injured or ill because of something that happens at work. This could result in them taking legal action to seek compensation from you. And if you were exposed for breaking health and safety regulations, you could be prosecuted.

Employer’s liability insurance can give you the protection you need in these situations, potentially covering the cost of defending or settling legal cases. However, it’s worth noting that this kind of cleaning company insurance only covers your employees, and it doesn’t protect you personally.

More about Hiscox Employers’ liability insurance

Do I need both public liability + Employers’ liability insurance?

If you employ one or more members of staff, your business is legally required to have employer’s liability insurance. Public liability insurance is not required legally, but many businesses that serve members of the public think that this kind of cleaning liability insurance is essential. It’s worth noting that your employees are not covered by public liability insurance.

Hiscox UK

Rated 4.7 out of 5 for satisfied customer service

2807 reviews

Personal accident insurance

Our personal accident insurance is designed to support you, as a cleaning business owner, if you or a key employee are unable to work due to an accidental bodily injury. The sudden loss of a member of staff could have a significant detrimental effect on your business. This domestic cleaning insurance can help protect against the financial impact by providing your business with a lump sum or weekly amount up to the limit of your cover.

More about Hiscox Personal Accident insurance

Start your business award 2017

Winner 8 years running

Cyber and data insurance

As a cleaning-business owner, appointment-booking, record keeping and stock taking are probably an important part of your business, and you likely use a computer to keep track of your accounts. If you do, there is always the risk of being attacked by a hacker or experiencing a data leak. In these situations, cyber and data insurance could be very helpful. This kind of cleaning company insurance protects you against potential legal and recovery costs in the event of an incident, while providing you with year-round peace of mind.

More about Hiscox Cyber and Data Risks Insurance

Office insurance

Our office contents policy protects home or office-based small businesses against the cost of replacing or repairing your business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. You can also add a range of specialist covers to your policy such as:

  •  Tool cover – cover for equipment which you use as part of carrying out your work, such as steam cleaners and floor buffers.
  • Portable equipment – cover for equipment outside of the office, such as mobiles and laptops
  • Business interruption – cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption
  •  Equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment. 

More about Hiscox Office Insurance

Tailor your business insurance quote

  • Award-winning claims service
  • Immediate coverage and documentation
  • No admin fees if you amend your policy

Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351

Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts

What is your profession?

Find out more about the range of insurance covers we offer to specific industries and professions in the list below: