Tailored cover for the risks you face.
There’s no substitute for experience. And that’s why, having provided business insurance cover to accountants for more than 15 years, you can be confident we understand the risks you face in your industry.
As a specialist business insurer, you can also trust us to protect you against many of the other risks faced by small businesses in the UK. Choose the products that are right for your accountancy business and create one single and comprehensive insurance package, tailored to you.
Accountants professional indemnity insurance
Our accountants’ professional indemnity insurance policy also covers tax consultants, bookkeeping and payroll professionals. It protects you against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
Hiscox accountants’ PI insurance policy also covers tax consultants, bookkeeping and payroll professionals. A simple typing error or miscalculation could prove very costly if these mistakes result in a client being fined for providing incorrect information. You may end up defending a legal action for your mistake and may even face a case for negligence.
Why choose Hiscox accountants professional indemnity insurance?
We are approved and meet the criteria set by the accountants’ professional bodies ICAEW, ICAS and ACCA.
You will be covered for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- negligent misstatement or misrepresentation – making a mistake or error when providing information
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
Your PI policy
We offer two types of cover: one for accountants who are chartered and one for those who are not.
- Download chartered accountants professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
- Download non-chartered accountants professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
- Download chartered accountants professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
- Download non-chartered accountants professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
Accountants liability insurance
Hiscox Public Liability Insurance for accountants will protect against the cost of settling or defending a claim from a member of the public where their business has caused bodily injury or property damage. You might think your business doesn’t have any dealing with members of the public, but the policy includes cover for claims from clients. Imagine if a client was visiting your office and tripped over a stray power cable. If they were injured as a result of the accident, they could seek compensation from your business. Without the right insurance in place this could be an expensive, time-consuming and disruptive situation.
More about Hiscox Public Liability Insurance
If your accountancy business has employees, it’s almost certain you’ll be required by law to have employers’ liability insurance. It covers the cost of settling or defending an employee claim where they’ve suffered injury or disease because of their work for you. This could be where a member of your staff slips or trips in the office and injures themself.
More about Hiscox Employers’ Liability Insurance
The protection of business equipment is something Hiscox can provide as part of your accountants insurance package. Our office contents insurance policy protects home or office-based small businesses against the cost of replacing or repairing your business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. You can also add a range of specialist covers to your policy such as:
- portable equipment – cover for equipment outside of the office, such as laptops and phones
- business interruption – cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption
- equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment.
More about Hiscox Office Insurance
Winner 8 years running
Cyber and data risks insurance
Our cyber and data risks insurance supports and protects businesses if they experience a data breach or are the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects their computer systems. It provides comprehensive cover, simplicity, reputation protection and a trusted partner in the event of a claim.
More about Hiscox Cyber and Data Risks Insurance
Personal accident insurance
What would happen to your business if you, or a key employee, are unable to work due to an accidental bodily injury? Hiscox Personal Accident Insurance can help protect against the financial impact of this by providing your business with a lump sum or weekly amount.
More about Hiscox Personal Accident Insurance
Tailor your business insurance quote
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
What is your profession?
Find out more about the range of insurance covers we offer to specific industries and professions in the list below: