There’s no substitute for experience. That’s why, having provided professional indemnity insurance for accountants for more than ten years, you can be confident we understand the risks you face in your industry.
Our accountants insurance is designed to give you the peace of mind that you’re covered for the work that you do. We know that despite your best efforts, it’s easy to make mistakes while under pressure to meet deadlines. A simple typing error or miscalculation could prove very costly if these mistakes result in a client being fined for providing incorrect information. You may end up defending a legal action for your mistake and may even face a case for negligence.
Our accountants' professional indemnity insurance policy also covers tax consultants, bookkeeping and payroll professionals. It protects you against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
Why choose Hiscox accountants professional indemnity insurance?
We are approved and meet the criteria set by the accountants’ professional bodies ICAEW, ICAS and ACCA.
You will be covered for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- negligent misstatement or misrepresentation – making a mistake or error when providing information
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
We offer two type of cover: one for accountants who are chartered and one for those who are not.
Download chartered accountants professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
Download non-chartered accountants professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
Download chartered accountants professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
Download non-chartered accountants professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
Not your industry?
More profession-specific professional indemnity insurance >