Are you clear how far your cover takes you?
Whether you’re out and about at home or abroad, your credit cards, cash, handbags, wallets, mobile phones, jewellery and laptops tend to be your most vulnerable possessions.
How to keep your personal possessions safe
- Keep valuables like jewellery, iPods and mobile phones hidden.
- Never leave your bag or other personal items unattended – take them with you, or ask a friend to watch them.
- If you're on holiday and leaving items in your room, always make sure you use the safe if provided and lock your room.
- Avoid putting everything in one place like a bag, try and keep your purse or wallet in a pocket, with your keys and mobile in different pockets.
- If you're walking, especially after dark, stick to busy well-lit streets.
- Carry your bag close, with the clasp facing you and your keys in your pocket. If someone tries to take your bag, let it go – don't risk getting hurt.
- Be aware of your surroundings. If you have headphones on, or are talking on your mobile, you’re advertising your belongings and will be unable to hear any signs of trouble.
Why choose Hiscox Home Insurance?
To help make sure you're never underinsured, our new home insurance provides unlimited cover. This means that whatever the value of your loss, you can be confident you’re covered. For certain claims, such as the loss of money while away from home, there's a maximum amount we'd pay. However, the cover we provide is still higher than most other home insurance policies. Visit our cover details page to learn more.
Hiscox Home Insurance includes worldwide cover as standard for theft, loss and damage of your possessions when you take them away from home, for up to 60 days at a time, and unattended luggage and bags are covered up to £10,000. Plus, with Hiscox unlimited cover, you don’t have to list any individual items, pairs or sets worth less than £15,000 and you only need to give us an overall value for any jewellery, art and collections.
Learn more about Hiscox Home Insurance
- Crimestoppers – simple tips to prevent yourself from being a victim of crime (external link)
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – travel advice by country (external link)
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – staying safe and healthy abroad (external link)
Buy your policy online today
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 247 1902
Awards & Achievements
Hiscox have been awarded the 2017 Consumer Intelligence award for claims. Voted for by householders this is based on a survey carried out by Consumer Intelligence of over 24,000 consumers between January 2016 to December 2016.
In February 2017, Hiscox won the Feefo Gold Service award, an independent seal of excellence that recognises businesses for delivering exceptional experiences, rated by real customers. Hiscox met the criteria of collecting at least 50 reviews between January 1st 2016 and December 31st 2016, and achieved a Feefo service rating of between 4.5 and 5.0.
Hiscox was awarded the 2016 Consumer Intelligence Most Trusted award. Voted for by consumers this is based on a survey carried out by Consumer Intelligence of over 24,000 consumers surveyed between January 2015 to December 2015.
For the past eleven years running, Defaqto (external link) have awarded Hiscox home insurance five stars. Defaqto is an independent financial research company, who rate products from 1 to 5 depending on the level of quality and comprehensiveness of the features and benefits it offers.