Are you clear how far your cover takes you?
Whether you’re out and about at home or abroad, your credit cards, cash, handbags, wallets, mobile phones, jewellery and laptops tend to be your most vulnerable possessions.
How to keep your personal possessions safe
- Keep valuables like jewellery, iPods and mobile phones hidden.
- Never leave your bag or other personal items unattended – take them with you, or ask a friend to watch them.
- If you're on holiday and leaving items in your room, always make sure you use the safe if provided and lock your room.
- Avoid putting everything in one place like a bag, try and keep your purse or wallet in a pocket, with your keys and mobile in different pockets.
- If you're walking, especially after dark, stick to busy well-lit streets.
- Carry your bag close, with the clasp facing you and your keys in your pocket. If someone tries to take your bag, let it go – don't risk getting hurt.
- Be aware of your surroundings. If you have headphones on, or are talking on your mobile, you’re advertising your belongings and will be unable to hear any signs of trouble.