Comprehensive cover for trustees
Why choose Hiscox Individual and Trustee Liability Insurance?
- Specialist cover for the risks Trustees face
- Flexible policies: select from a range of cover levels to get the protection you need
- Interest free: pay your premium by interest free
- Direct Debits No administration fees: amend your policy as your needs change
- Get a quote in minutes: online or by phone
What is trustee indemnity insurance?
Individual and Trustee liability insurance - or indemnity insurance - is insurance cover that offers financial protection to those who are trustees, directors, governors, committee members, officers or employees of a charity, club, association and not for profit organisation. It is designed to cover the cost of claims for compensation for wrongful acts made against the insured individual.
Being a trustee, director, governor, or officer of an organisation brings with it certain responsibilities – for example to employees and members of the public. It also exposes the individuals holding these positions to personal liability for any errors or omissions they make in the performance of their duties. This means that they can personally face claims which could lead to fines, compensation awards or even imprisonment.
With Hiscox individual and trustees liability cover you can be confident that you and any other insured trustees, governors, directors, committee members, officers and employees are protected against the cost of defending or settling claims including:
- a health and safety or manslaughter claim
- an employment claim
- a breach of duty or trust
- wrongful trading under section 214 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- the operation or administration of a pension or employee benefit scheme
- the misuse of data or any computer hardware or software
If you're looking for a policy to protect your charity as an organisation, insuring against public liability claims or claims from employees, Charity Insurance may be better suited to your needs. Read more about the cover Hiscox offer and get a quote for your charity today.
How Hiscox trustee indemnity insurance protects you
Our trustee insurance covers your personal wealth, or that of any other insured trustees, governors, directors, committee members, officers or employees, for defence costs incurred during a claim and awards made against you. For example:
- defence costs and awards of claims arising from your personal involvement with the administration of any company pension
- defence costs, compensation and fines payable as a result of a health and safety claim from an injured employee.
If you want to find out more about the insurance policies offered by Hiscox and understand how we protect businesses across the UK, visit our Indemnity Insurance page. This is just one of many products we provide as part of our small business insurance range.
Get a quote in minutes
- 0% interest on Direct Debits available
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from landlines and some mobile contracts.
If you already have a policy with us and need to get in touch, our business insurance specialists are here to help.
Make a claim
When things go wrong, we’re the experts in putting it right. Need to make a claim?
Our claims promise
Our UK-based claims handlers are here to act swiftly and in your best interests. Find out more about our superior claims service.