Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
Protect your business
- Hiscox offers professional indemnity cover up to £10 million for claims against you.
- If a subcontractor lets you down, Hiscox PI insurance can cover the resulting claims as standard.
- Our PI insurance also covers your business for claims made in relation to your previous work.
Get a Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance online
Tell us about your businessWe'll ask you a few questions about your business so we can help you explore the different types of insurance you may need.
Tailor your insurance for your business needsWe can help tailor your policy to include the most relevant products for your business
Get an instant quote online
With Hiscox you can get an insurance quote in minutes, buy it online and receive documents soon after via email
Tell us about your business – We’ll build your quote and explore your insurance needsStart your quote online
Immediate cover for your business
You're good at what you do and have confidence in the quality of your work. So why do you need professional indemnity insurance? The reality is that any small business providing a professional service that can be challenged is vulnerable to a claim of negligence when the advice or service fails to meet a client's expectations. From allegations of a breach of copyright to accusations of defamation, these kinds of claims can be costly and disruptive regardless of whether they're fair or not.
Who is this for?
Anyone who provides a professional service and could have claims brought against them by a client
- Sole traders, freelancers and contractors
- Limited companies and limited liability partnerships
- Anyone who provides expertise, skills or advice to clients
Why do you need it?
- Negligence – being careless in your work, such as giving bad advice or making a mistake
- Infringement of intellectual property rights – for example re-using content from a website without permission
- Defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- Breach of confidence – sharing confidential or commercially sensitive information without consent
How much cover should you consider?
- We can provide a range of covers to suit your business needs
- The level of cover you need depends on the risks your business faces
- You should consider how much legal fees and compensation could cost you
- It’s worth checking if your clients’ contracts require you to have a minimum level of cover