Public liability insurance for cabinet makers
If a client or member of the public claims that while carrying out your work you damaged their property, or caused an injury to them, you could be held liable. This could mean you are financially responsible for paying compensation to the third party, and for the legal fees of such a claim.
Public liability insurance for cabinet makers protects you in this kind of situation. For example:
- If you leave tools or materials in a doorway and someone injures themselves by tripping over them, public liability insurance would cover the legal fees and compensation.
- If you accidentally damage a client’s property while working, public liability insurance would protect you if the client made a claim against you.
Employers’ liability insurance for cabinet makers
Do you employ other people in your cabinet makers’ business? If so, there’s always a chance that they could become injured or ill because of something that happens at work. This could result in them taking legal action to seek compensation from you.
Employer’s liability insurance can give you the protection you need in these situations, potentially covering the cost of defending or settling legal cases. However, it’s worth noting that this kind of insurance only covers your employees, and it doesn’t protect you personally.
More about Hiscox Employers’ Liability Insurance
Do I need both public liability + employers’ liability insurance?
If you employ one or more members of staff, your business is legally required to have employer’s liability insurance. Public liability insurance is not required legally, but many businesses that serve members of the public think that this kind of cabinet makers’ liability insurance is essential. It’s worth noting that your employees are not covered by public liability insurance.
If you’re not sure what you need, tell us a little more about what you do. We’ll help you to build your quote and explore any other insurance needs.Build my cover
Protecting the tools of your trade is important for your business. Whether you work from a workshop, or bring your tools out and about to the job, our contents and portable equipment insurance covers you for the cost of repairing or replacing your business equipment if it is damaged, lost or stolen. There are also a range of specialist cover you can add to your policy:
- Tool cover – this covers the equipment that is needed to carry out your cabinet making work.
- Portable equipment – cover for equipment outside of the office, such as mobiles and laptops.
- Business interruption – cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption.
- Equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment.
More about Hiscox Office Insurance
Cyber and data insurance
If you run a cabinet makers’ business, you need to keep on top of all your appointments, invoices and payments so it’s likely you use a computer for keeping track of your accounts. This means there’s always the risk of a cyber-attack by hackers or the possibility of a data leak. Should this happen cyber and data insurance could prove invaluable and help you cover the cost of any potential legal and recovery action, as well as giving you peace of mind.
More about Hiscox Cyber and Data Risks Insurance