Who is business insurance for?
Anyone who provides a professional service and could have claims brought against them by a client.
- Sole traders, freelancers and contractors
- Limited companies and limited liability partnerships
- Anyone who provides expertise, skills or advice to clients
Why do you need business insurance?
- Negligence – being careless in your work, such as giving bad advice or making a mistake
- Infringement of intellectual property rights – for example re-using content from a website without permission
- Defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- Breach of confidence – sharing confidential or commercially sensitive information without consent
How much business insurance cover should you consider?
- We can provide a range of covers to suit your business needs
- The level of cover you need depends on the risks your business faces
- You should consider how much legal fees and compensation could cost you
- It’s worth checking if your clients’ contracts require you to have a minimum level of cover