Why do you need professional indemnity cover?
Because you provide a professional service to clients, you could be at risk of being challenged on the work you deliver. It could be a course you deliver that misses out a key part of a syllabus that students will be assessed on. Or training materials you circulate that reproduce without permission an extract from a book that is protected by copyright. If a client brings a claim against your business for compensation, you’ll want a professional indemnity insurance policy in place that defends and protects you.
That’s why we’ve used our specialist business insurance knowledge to offer trainers and teachers professional indemnity insurance. It’s tailored to the needs of consultants, contractors or small businesses carrying out activities like teaching, lecturing, assessment and examination, life coaching and corporate training. Hiscox can help protect you against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
Why choose Hiscox PI insurance for coaching, training and education professionals?
You’ll be protected against the risks most common in your industry, including cover for:
- failure in a duty to educate – such as not covering all of the syllabus required for completion of a course
- complaints to governing bodies – such as the Local Government Ombudsman or the Office for Standards in Education
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
We’ll defend you
If a claim is made against you, and we think you have a reasonable chance of defending it successfully, we have the duty to defend you. This includes defending the entirety of a claim, even if some parts of it are not covered by your professional indemnity insurance policy. Get peace of mind that should a claim be made, you can focus on what you do best and leave our experts to deal with the complaint. We will deduct the costs incurred in defending the non-covered portion of a claim from the final settlement.
Protect your hard-earned reputation
Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for coaching, training and education professionals includes free crisis containment cover. This provides access to specialist public relations support if a covered claim looks likely to damage the reputation of your business. So, should the worse happen, you can let the experts manage your response to events while you focus on running your business.
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer for coaching, training and education professionals.