Office contents insurance
Covers you against the cost of:
- replacing and boarding-up following glass breakage, up to £10,000
- repairing damage to your office building caused by theft, or attempted theft up to £10,000
- the loss or damage to money belonging to the business whilst in the office up to £5,000, or at the home of an employee up to £2,500
- restoring documents and electronic data which have been lost or destroyed up to £5,000 provided a backup is made at least once a week
You may face additional risks if:
- you have expensive office equipment that is critical to your business
- you are responsible for your office heating or air conditioning system
- you want to avoid unexpected costs
We'll pay up to the replacement value you select to repair or replace accidentally lost, damaged or stolen contents contained in your office.
We'll also cover for each claim, including all costs:
For full details of what's covered, see your policy documents.
What's not covered
We will not make any payment for:
For full details of what's not covered, see your policy documents.
How accurate does the replacement value I select for my office contents need to be?
It's really important that you give as accurate a picture of the cost of replacing your contents items as possible. If you insure your office contents for less than their total replacement value, any amount paid to you in the event of a claim could be reduced by the same proportion that you are under insured.
Can I insure contents at more than one office?
We do cover businesses with more than one office, but it isn't something we can offer online. If your business has more than one office, or you're thinking of expanding over the next 12 months, please call and speak to one of our business insurance experts.
If I work from home, do I need office contents insurance?
You should check your home insurance policy first. Most offer some level of 'home office' cover, but it may not be as comprehensive as a business insurance policy.
Would my laptop and mobile phone be covered under my office contents policy?
They would be covered against loss and damage while they are being used or stored within the office. The policy does cover loss and damage to some contents items while they are temporarily away from the office, but laptops and mobile phones are excluded from this. If you want them to be covered while they are out of your office, you would need portable equipment cover.