What is the Hiscox CyberClear Academy?
An online interactive suite of cyber security training modules included as part of our Cyber and data insurance policies. The suite is for our customers to use for their employees, it is designed to reduce the risk of a cyber incident occuring.
In Europe under the new General Data Protection Regulation, due to come into force in May 2018, organisations must implement ‘appropriate technical and organisational measures’ to protect the data they hold and process. Our claims data showed that 67% of cyber claims in 2017 involved human error. With staff being prone to phishing and social engineering attacks that can result in data breaches, cyber security awareness training can prevent such attacks from succeeding, and help a company to demonstrate that appropriate measures are in place.
The training is composed of four learning pathways. At the beginning of each pathway, employees take a brief assessment to test their existing knowledge. If an employee passes the assessment, they are not required to undertake the corresponding training module. This ensures the training they receive is bespoke and tailored to the gaps in their knowledge, and prevents employees from having to complete unnecessary learning.
- Understanding that employees have limited time, the Hiscox CyberClear Academy provides access to training modules on a continual basis. The content is concise, relevant and is provided at regular intervals, saving time for employees while reinforcing key messages.
- The continual nature of the training also helps to combat complacency and ensures that employees are equipped to deal with this ever-changing threat.
- Every module finishes with a short test to confirm that the content has been clearly understood. A module will not be complete until the assessment has been successfully passed.
- The progress of all employees can be monitored by your own appointed system administrator.
- The Hiscox CyberClear Academy offers a hassle free experience, with instructional videos providing users and administrators with the information they need to effectively complete their training.
- Optimised for web and mobile, the Hiscox CyberClear academy is accessible on any device, and with each learning module being short and concise, employees can complete the training at a time and setting that suits them.
- The Hiscox CyberClear Academy features nine learning modules, allowing employees to understand all aspects of the cyber risk.
- Subjects include protecting personal information, social engineering attempts, phishing and password safety.
Details on how to access the Hiscox CyberClear Academy will be included in the documents provided when you buy or renew your Cyber and data policy.
Get a cyber and data risks insurance quote online
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts