When things go wrong we can help put it right quickly
By adding optional home emergency cover to your Hiscox home insurance policy, you'll get swift assistance from our approved contractors for household emergencies. You’ll be protected for things like blocked drains, failed heating systems, interrupted gas or electricity supply, and lost house keys.
Why you might consider home emergency cover
- You'll get twenty-four-hour assistance so you don’t need to worry about emergencies like having a burst pipe in the middle of the night.
- You'll have easy access to experienced contractors who will fix urgent issues, such as leaks.
- You won't have to worry about the cost of home emergency repairs.
How our optional home emergency cover can protect you
When you take out home insurance with us, you can choose to add home emergency cover to your policy. This provides up to £1,000 (including VAT) for each claim to cover the cost of labour, parts and materials for emergency repairs at your home. You’ll have access to a 24-hour helpline and there’s no excess to pay and no impact on your claims history. Your cover offers protection for:
- immediate repairs carried out by one of our approved contractors
- incidents leaving your home without its main source of heating or hot water
- incidents leaving your home without electricity, gas or water supply
- incidents that create health, safety or security risks at your home
- incidents that make it impossible to gain access to your home
- incidents that affect your outbuildings, such as your garage.
If you’ve added home emergency cover to your policy and suffer a home emergency like a burst water pipe or blocked drain, ring the 24-hour helpline on 0800 042 0342 and an approved contractor will be sent to help as soon as possible.
To find out more about home insurance, read our policy documents:
Home emergency cover is provided by ARAG Plc and underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Limited.
Get a home insurance quote online
- Accidental damage for buildings and contents included as standard
- Dedicated claims handler assigned to all home insurance claims as standard
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 247 1902
If you already have a policy with us and need to get in touch, our home insurance specialists are here to help.
Make a claim
When things go wrong, we’re the experts in putting it right
Need to make a claim?
Our claims promise
Our UK-based claims handlers are here to act swiftly and in your best interests. Find out more about our superior claims service.