Here to help with financial support

If you’re experiencing financial difficulties, the best thing to do is let us know as soon as possible. We may be able to help and we’ll be happy to talk through your options.

What to do if you’ve received a payment problem letter

If you have a valid payment method in place, you don’t need to do anything. We’ll usually try to take the payment once again on the date given in the payment problem letter.

If your payment method has expired or is invalid, you’ll need to get in touch first. Simply use the contact details below to provide your new payment details.

We’ll never cancel a policy without telling you, or giving you the chance to make the missed payment. If we have to cancel a policy, we’ll always give you 21 days written notice first.

Struggling with payments?

If you need help with your finances, we’ll always be as flexible as we can. You can pay by annual or monthly direct debit with no additional charge, or you can contact our payments team to discuss other options.

We can also look to move the date of payments and spread missed payments, depending on the circumstances. We can also review your policy to see if it’s still accurate, which could reduce your premium.

Please call us as soon as you can to discuss your options.

How to contact us

You can call us on 0800 781 3057 and select the option to ‘talk about payments on your policy’. You can also email us at [email protected]

Policy change charges

You can make changes at any point during the policy year without paying any admin fees.

We do not charge a policy cancellation fee, although if your policy is paid in arrears you’ll still owe us any outstanding balance. If this isn’t paid, we’ll backdate the cancellation to the date it was last paid for.

For business policies we offer a reduced hibernation rate for those pausing business activities. There’s also Professional Indemnity run-off cover, to allow those who are closing their business to ensure their past work remains covered.

Visit our Existing Customer section to find out how to make changes to your policy.

Citizens Advice

Free, confidential advice online, over the phone or in person.

Visit Citizens Advice (external link)


National Debtline

A registered charity providing free, impartial, expert debt advice.

Visit National Debtline (external link)


StepChange Debt Charity

Free expert advice to help you manage and recover from debt.

Visit Step Change (external link)


Offering information and advice to people with mental health problems.

Visit Mind (external link)



Get help coping with financial worries.

Visit site (external link)


Benefits calculator

You may be entitled to government benefits you’re unaware of, depending on your circumstances.

Visit site (external link)