This competition has now closed.
Thank you to all who participated and congratulations to the winners of the £100 shopping vouchers:
- Margaret Malcolm
- Kate Munro
- Felicity Sandford
- Donald Grantham
- Russell Hogg
Full competition Terms and Conditions
Below are the full Terms and Conditions for the competition. Make sure to read them carefully.
Please contact us with any questions at the Hiscox Privacy Office: [email protected]
These Terms and Conditions govern the “Hiscox APC Review” competition (hereinafter, “Competition”)
1. This Competition is promoted by Hiscox Underwriting Group, Hiscox, 22 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4BQ, United Kingdom (“Promoter” or “Hiscox”).
2. All entrants to the Competition must be a UK resident aged 18 years or over at the date of entry and comply with any further eligibility requirement set out in this Terms and Conditions.
Employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Competition, are not eligible to enter into the Competition.
In entering the Competition you confirm you are eligible to participate and eligible to claim the prize. Hiscox may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
3. The Competition is free to enter; no purchase is necessary and there is no charge to register.
In order to participate, you need to have access to the internet (fees may apply according to the agreement you have with your internet service provider).
4. The Promoter will email invitations to participate in a survey from 15th August 2022. To enter the competition participants must submit their answer in 500 words or less to the question “39) What is the most treasured item in your home?” This should be submitted as part of the web survey that is sent to the Participant by the Promoter. Each eligible participant will receive one (1) entry in the Competition.
5. Entries to the Competition will be accepted from 9am [BST] on 15th August 2022 (“Opening Date”) to 5pm [BST] on 23rd September 2022 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be eligible for participation in the Competition.
6. Judging will take place on 27th September 2022. Judging will take place at Hiscox Underwriting Group, Hiscox, 22 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4BQ. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the prize winners. Each entry will be individually judged by a competent representative independent from the Promoter. The name of the appointed judge will be made available on request. Participants are encouraged to answer the question in as much detail as possible. Entries will be judged based on creativity, merit and/or talent. The Promoter's decision is final on all matters in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The five winners will receive a £100 electronic gift voucher (“Prize”).
8. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) before 30th September 2022. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The Prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
10. The Prize is supplied by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
11. The winner is solely responsible for any tax liability arising from the award of the Prize.
12. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
13. The Promoter will process any personal data of participant which is provided to and/or given access to Hiscox at time of Registration solely as described in these terms and conditions or otherwise expressly consented to and in compliance with applicable data protection law and Hiscox Privacy Statement (https://www.hiscoxgroup.com/site-tools/privacy). To exercise your rights of access, rectification, opposition or deletion, please contact the Hiscox Privacy Office via e-mail: [email protected]
By entering the Competition, you consent to the use of your personal data by Hiscox for the purposes of administration of the Competition and any other purposes to which you have consented.
14. Winners will be notified via email before 30th September and winners’ names will be published on this page on 4th October 2022.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Competition. In the event the Competition is compromised by non-authorized intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Hiscox that corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Competition, Hiscox reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Competition.
17. Participants shall not make statements that contain, include or involve any illegal or offensive content. HP reserves the right to reject any participant that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate this provision.
18. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize or for any disappointment resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry into this Competition or failure to enter into this Competition. This provision does not limit liability for death or bodily injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees nor any liability which may not be excluded or limited by applicable law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
19. Hiscox assume no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, software, Internet service providers, or e-mail systems; failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or incomplete, late, lost, damaged, illegible or misdirected electronic communications; or any combination thereof, including damage to entrants' or anyone else's computer equipment related to or resulting from participation in this Competition.
No claim for reimbursement of connection costs or other costs related to the participation in the Competition will be accepted by Hiscox.
20. These Terms and Conditions and the Competition are governed by the laws of the residence of the entrant or participant. Should any of these provisions be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining conditions of participation shall not be affected. Any disputes arising under or in connection with them shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the entrant or participant.
21. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.