Fraud can take many forms.
No matter how good a company’s own controls are to detect and prevent fraud, they are never a guaranteed fail-safe procedure. Over half of UK organisations have experienced economic crime in the past two years¹. Hiscox Crime Insurance provides organisations with much-needed peace of mind against a pernicious threat, and can be extended to protect against the growing danger of cyber fraud, in which firms are tricked into sending money by fake emails from fraudsters impersonating managers or suppliers. (¹PwC Fraud Survey 2016)
Hiscox Crime Insurance is an all-risks policy covering:
- Criminal taking or misappropriation of the insured’s money, securities or property (with no distinction between employee and third- party losses)
- Physical destruction or disappearance of money and securities while on premises, in employee custody or in transit
- Criminal taking by an employee of money and securities or property to the deprivation of a client
- Criminal taking by a third-party of client money, securities or property in your control and for which you are liable
- Expenses cover (with its own extra limit of liability)
- Computer violation
- Telephone fraud
- Public relations costs.
Social engineering extension is available to protect against email impersonation fraud. The cover is tailored to enhance the Hiscox Crime Insurance product to address the specific exposures.
Who is it for?
Domestically focused UK and Irish businesses with a turnover of up to £100 million.
For more information on the sectors we cover please contact your local underwriter.
Why choose Hiscox?
- Experience. We are a market-leading specialist insurer that has been in business for over 110 years. We are experts in providing extensive cover that can be easily adapted to a company’s individual needs, because we know how important it is to protect what matters to your clients the most.
- We have the highest standards. We are one of only a handful of UK insurers to have achieved Charter Insurer status from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), known throughout the industry to be the gold standard in excellence, professionalism and integrity.
- Simplicity. Although the risks we insure may be complex we believe our policies shouldn’t be. They are simple and easy to understand, so clients understand what they are buying and can be confident they will be covered if they suffer a loss.
- A trusted partner in the event of a claim. Our award winning team of UK-based claims experts are there to ensure the insured’s case is handled quickly, efficiently and fairly.