A car like theirs deserves insurance like ours.
Hiscox Motor Insurance and Hiscox Classic Motor Insurance have been designed for owners of higher-value cars. Each policy includes cover you wouldn’t find within a standard car insurance policy, but both also contain a number of features that apply specifically to those different types of vehicles.
Both our standard motor policy and classic motor policy are available as a standalone product or can be added onto a Hiscox 606 Home Insurance policy.
Hiscox Motor Insurance key features:
- cover includes named household residents and students
- your client or a named person are insured on a fully comprehensive basis whilst driving any other vehicle not owned by them
- personal effects cover
- cover for inability to drive due to ill health
- similar courtesy car
- we will pay whatever is the highest of the agreed value and the market value, up to a limit of £100,000.
Hiscox Classic Motor key features:
- spare parts and accessories cover up to £10,000
- option to buy back salvage following an incident
- option to add extended value cover to the policy, which means we will pay up to 25% (maximum £100,000) on top of the agreed value should the car be written off or stolen.
Who is it for?
Hiscox Motor Insurance is suitable for clients with two or more vehicles to insure on their policy, with one having a current value of £30,000 or more.
Hiscox Classic Motor insurance is suitable for clients who own one or more classic car(s) registered in 1990 or earlier, with a vehicle value over £30,000.
- Each driver should have no more than one ‘no blame’ claim in the last three years
- The main driver should be over 30 years old
- Each drive should have no more than two minor convictions in the last three years
- All vehicle should be kept in a garage or private secure driveway overnight.
Why choose Hiscox?
Both the Hiscox Motor and Hiscox Classic Motor Insurance policies offer the following features as standard:
- fully comprehensive cover
- new for old on all vehicles for up to 24 months after first purchase
- European breakdown assistance
- an unlimited number of foreign trips
- repairs by the garage of your client’s choice
- an agreed value for your client’s car in the event of it being written off
- lock replacement and audio cover
- personal accident cover up to the value of £30,000
- personal registration plate cover.
Polices taken out on or after 13 July 2018 with a prefix of PL-HOM
- Hiscox Motor Insurance - policy wording – 18969 (07/18)
Policies taken out from 11 June 2018 up to and including 12 July 2018 with a prefix of PL-HOM
- Hiscox Motor Insurance - policy wording – 18969 (05/18)
- Hiscox Motor Insurance - summary of change – 18894 (06/18)
- Hiscox Classic Motor Insurance - summary of change – 18893 (06/18)
Policy numbers without a prefix of PL-HOM
Arrange a quote for your client
Speak to your local Hiscox underwriter.