- How long have you been in insurance?
- What’s your background?
After graduating from university, I worked as a student counsellor and mental health counsellor for two years before moving into insurance.
- Define your responsibilities in the technology team.
I am assisting the Birmingham region to meet its technology budgets, developing the Hiscox technology product proposition, providing technical training to TPUs and being the general port of call for any technology-related questions from the regions.
- What are the big issues in the technology sector?
For our customers, it’s GDPR. For Hiscox underwriters, it’s lots of capacity in the market and strong competition.
- How can your team and Hiscox help?
With GDPR, we offer a broad policy wording that encompasses privacy breaches and the ability to provide a cyber and data product that includes service provision from the likes of Pinsent Mason and KPMG, alongside our professional indemnity and commercial combined offerings.
- What do you enjoy most about working for Hiscox?
The freedom afforded to develop relationships with brokers and other key stakeholders.
- Describe your life outside of work.
I like long-distance running, hiking and just generally being outdoors.