Flexible cover tailored to your venue. Access all areas.
Whether your client owns a modern or historic property; is open to the public, paying members or holds specialist events, we can tailor a package of cover to suit their business needs.
Customise your insurance
Your clients can tailor our specialist commercial combined covers to suit their cultural, leisure and event venue needs, cover includes property, business interruption, public and products liability and employers’ liability:
- Property damage on an all risks basis including full theft cover
- Cover for valuable items, such as art and collections
- Personal effects cover for visitors. £5,000 limit each/every loss
- Cover for money when it is accidentally lost or stolen
- Any building works including renovations and extensions at the premises; £250,000 limit
- Reinstatement includes the costs of complying with any statutory or local authority requirements such as those concerning a listed or graded property
- Plant, tree and shrub damage as a result of fire; limit £25,000
- Cover for statues, ornaments, outdoor furniture and other similar items left outside; limit £10,000
- Cover for damage to marquees and assorted lighting, heating and furnishing; limit £10,000
- Removing and ‘making good’ land that has suffered fly tipping; £50,000 limit
- Broad cover for venue equipment, tools and stock
- Cover automatically increases by 30% during peak trading periods. Deterioration of stock is also covered as standard; limit £5,000 (this limit can be increased)
- Bequeathed contents; £50,000 limit
- Contents at fundraising events; £10,000 limit
- Loss of income or loss of gross profit is on a flexible basis which includes increased cost of working
- Loss of licence: £100,000 limit
- Death or disgrace of a patron; £100,000 limit
- Event cancellation cover; £50,000 limit
- Denial of access damage; £100,000 limit
- Denial of access (non) damage; £100,000 limit
- Loss of attraction; £100,000 limit
- Alternative hire costs for a substitute venue while premises are repaired or replaced
Public and products liability
- Now includes Financial Loss as standard. Financial Loss protects your client’s business by covering the cost of compensation for things like false or misleading statements in their advertising
- Hirers Liability extension protects your client when they hire out the venue to others. £100,000 limit
- Abuse extension to cover abuse and molestation. £1 million limit
- Terrorism extension. £2 million limit
- Contingent Motor Liability extension provides incidental protection if employees use their personal vehicle for venue business
- Cover insures all your employees including volunteers and labour only sub-contractors
Crisis containment is included as standard across a number of areas such as professional indemnity and cyber.
In addition all Hiscox customers receive unlimited access to a DAS legal support helpline where you can talk to experts on a range of issues free of charge.
Additional insurance covers
Choose from a range of additional covers specifically designed for cultural, leisure and event venues:
- Legal expensesPersonal accident, cover includes insured persons such as volunteers
- Medical malpractice
- Plant and equipment breakdown cover, includes equipment required for disabled access
- Hiscox CyberClear, keeping data secure matters. CyberClear cover will help protect your client’s venue from the financial and reputational costs of a cyber incident
Your client can incorporate all covers into one simple package with one renewal date and the option to pay monthly by interest free Direct Debit.
Who is Hiscox Cultural, Leisure and Event Insurance for?
Why choose Hiscox Cultural, Leisure and Event Insurance?
- Bespoke cover designed for cultural, leisure and event venues, you know that your client’s needs are covered
- Your client’s can make unlimited changes as your venue grows and changes, with no fees or charges
- All covers can be placed on a single policy making the management of cover simple
- I Interest free Direct Debit
- Risk management to help your client identify risks that you may face
- Claims are handled quickly and efficiently getting your client’s cultural, leisure and event venue back to normal as quickly as possible
- Specialist support for historic and listed buildings
Business support services
- Hiscox Business Support Hub
All business customers can now access a range of handpicked services from various providers. Services are available completely free or at significantly discounted rates to help your business succeed. To access these unique offers, please visit the Hiscox Business Support Hub
- Hiscox CyberClear Academy
Is a web based training platform that can assist you and your employees in the prevention of network, cyber and privacy losses. Access to the academy is free to all Hiscox CyberClear customers with a revenue of less than £10 million. If you would like a demo of the Hiscox CyberClear Academy simply create an account.
Spotlight on CyberClear cover
With the growth of online ticketing and membership payments, Hiscox CyberClear cover will help protect your cleint’s venue from the financial and reputational costs of a cyber incident.
Hiscox CyberClear covers the financial cost of an incident as well as the business impact through instant access to a network of market-leading expertise from IT forensics to privacy lawyers and reputational experts.
The amount of cover your client needs depends on what it would cost to get them back up and running after a cyber incident. We will work with you to design a policy that’s suited to their needs.
For more information on the Hiscox Cultural, Leisure and Event venue insurance please contact your local underwriter.
Get a quote
Speak to your local Hiscox underwriter or get a quote on Hiscox Trader
Looking for a specific sector or product for your client?
Choose a sector or product below