Flexible cover, you can tell we've done our homework
From drama schools to universities and vocational training centres our bespoke Adult Education and Learning insurance cover is designed to protect your client’s educational establishment.
Customise your insurance
Your clients can tailor our specialist commercial combined covers to suit their educational establishments needs, cover includes property, business interruption, public and products liability and employers’ liability:
- Property damage on an all risks basis including full theft cover
- Cover for valuable items, such as art and collections
- Personal effects cover for visitors including students. £5,000 limit each/every loss
- Any building works including renovations and extensions at the premises; £250,000 limit
- Removing and ‘making good’ land that has suffered fly tipping; £50,000 limit.
- Broad cover for all training and education equipment, tools and stock
- Bequeathed contents; £50,000 limit
- Contents at fundraising events; £10,000 limit
- Loss of income or loss of gross profit is on a flexible limit basis and includes increased cost of working
- Death or disgrace of a patron; £100,000 limit
- Event cancellation cover; £50,000 limit
- Denial of access damage; £100,000 limit
- Denial of access (non) damage; £100,000 limit
- Loss of attraction; £100,000 limit
- Alternative hire costs for a substitute establishment while premises are repaired or replaced
Public and products liability
- ‘Failure to educate’ extension is included as standard
- Hirers Liability extension protects when hiring out a venue to others. £100,000 limit
- Abuse extension to cover abuse and molestation. £1 million limit
- Terrorism extension. £2 million limit
- Contingent Motor Liability extension provides incidental protection if employees use their personal vehicle for educational establishment business
- Cover insures governors, employees as well as volunteers
Crisis containment is included as standard across a number of areas such as professional indemnity and cyber.
All Hiscox customers receive unlimited access to a DAS legal support helpline, where they can talk to experts on a range of issues free of charge.
Additional insurance covers
Choose from a range of additional covers specifically designed for educational establishments:
- Legal expenses
- Personal accident, cover includes insured persons such as teachers and lecturers
- Management liability
- Medical malpractice
- Plant and equipment breakdown cover, includes equipment required for disabled access
- Hiscox CyberClear, keeping data secure matters. CyberClear cover will help protect your client’s educational establishment from the financial and reputational costs of a cyber incident
Your client can incorporate all covers into one simple package with one renewal date and the option to pay monthly by interest free Direct Debit.
Who is Hiscox Adult Education and Learning Insurance for?
Why choose Hiscox Adult Education and Learning Insurance?
- Bespoke cover designed for educational venues, you know that your client’s needs are covered
- Your client’s can make unlimited changes as their establishment grows and changes, with no fees or charges
- All covers can be placed on a single policy making the management of cover simple
- Interest free Direct Debit available
- Risk management to help your client identify, advise on and mitigate risks
- Claims are handled quickly and efficiently getting your client’s educational establishment back to normal as quickly as possible
- Specialist support for historic and listed buildings
Business support services
- Hiscox Business Support Hub
All business customers can now access a range of handpicked services from various providers. Services are available completely free or at significantly discounted rates to help your business succeed. To access these unique offers, please visit the Hiscox Business Support Hub
- Hiscox CyberClear Academy
Is a web based training platform that can assist you and your employees in the prevention of network, cyber and privacy losses. Access to the academy is free to all Hiscox CyberClear customers with a revenue of less than £10 million. If you would like a demo of the Hiscox CyberClear Academy simply create an account.
Spotlight on CyberClear cover
With the growth of online and distance learning, Hiscox CyberClear cover will help protect your client’s educational establishment from the financial and reputational costs of a cyber incident.
Hiscox CyberClear covers the financial cost of an incident as well as the business impact through instant access to a network of market-leading expertise from IT forensics to privacy lawyers and reputational experts.
The amount of cover your client needs depends on what it would cost to get them back up and running after a cyber incident. We will work with you to design a policy that’s suited to their needs.
For more information on the Hiscox Adult Education and Learning insurance please contact your local underwriter.
- Public and products liability - wording (UK) (PDF) – 20696
- Property: Buildings - wording (UK) (PDF) – 20695
- Property: Business interruption - wording (UK) (PDF) – 20693
- Property: Contents - wording (UK) (PDF) – 20694
- Public and products liability - policy summary (UK) (PDF) - 20706
- Property: Buildings - policy summary (UK) (PDF) - 20705
- Property: Business interruption - policy summary (UK) (PDF) - 20703
- Property: Contents - policy summary - (UK) (PDF) - 20704
Get a quote
Speak to your local Hiscox underwriter or get a quote on Hiscox Trader
Looking for a specific sector or product for your client?
Choose a sector or product below