Doing everything we can, is the least we can do.
At Hiscox, our charities, clubs and associations cover has been specifically developed to protect against the risks and potential liabilities faced by UK charities, clubs and associations, their trustees and principals connected with the running of these organisations. We offer an insurance portfolio product that provides cover for your property, liability, trustees and professional exposures.
Charities appetite guide
Why choose Hiscox?
The Hiscox Charity Insurance Portfolio provides a comprehensive insurance package for charities, clubs and associations which helps reduce any gaps in cover. These organisations can choose from a range of covers to design a single policy combining just the covers they need:
Trustees and professional liability
As a trustee, your client often has ultimate responsibility for the raising and investment of funds, and has to comply with the rules and regulations governing their sector. They are at risk of losing personal assets if an allegation is made against them.
Our standard policy is designed to cover the risks and potential liabilities of charities, clubs and associations as well as their trustees in the UK and Ireland. It includes:
- cover for both trustees and their charity
- cover for the professional advice or services that the charity offers
- cover for costs associated with a wide range of regulatory and employment proceedings
- cover for the public relations costs to contain a crisis
- cover for legal representation costs.
Property and business interruption
We also offer full ‘all risks’ cover against property damage, which means everything is included unless it is specifically excluded. This includes:
- full theft cover as standard
- contents cover includes 25 cover extensions as standard providing specific cover for charitable activities
- business interruption to cover losses incurred from denial of access to the charity’s premises for example
- equipment breakdown cover (£5,000 / €6,500)
- bequeathed property – we automatically provide cover for property left to a charity by a supporter
- fine art cover is available on an agreed value basis
- contents at fundraising events such as prizes, auction lots, and hired in contents
- contents at homes of trustees, employees and volunteers
- death or disgrace of a patron; we will cover the reprint costs for literature or website updating costs a charity incurs if their patron dies or is subject to criminal proceedings.
Public and product liability, and employers’ liability
Our liability cover reflects the high level of volunteers working for charities, clubs and associations and dovetails perfectly with our commercial, trustees, professional and employment covers.
The key features of our public and products, and employers’ liability cover include:
- our definition of employee automatically includes a charity’s volunteers
- public liability for declared fundraising events, which extends to volunteers
- public liability extends to the overseas personal liability of your client’s trustees, employees and volunteers
- limits of up to £10 million are available.
Get a quote
Speak to your local Hiscox underwriter or get a quote on Hiscox Trader
Looking for a specific sector or product for your client?
Choose a sector or product below