London, UK (12 December, 2011): Specialist insurer Hiscox has today launched a new 5* rated annual travel insurance policy.*
The new policy is available on the phone or online at www.hiscox.co.uk and provides a choice of Europe or worldwide cover for individuals, couples and families.
Hiscox Travel Insurance cover includes:
- Up to £10 million emergency medical cover
- Up to £2 million personal liability cover
- Up to £50,000 legal expenses
- Up to £10,000 for political unrest and natural catastrophe evacuation to get you to a safe destination and includes specialist assistance support
- Up to £5,000 for cancellation and curtailment if a trip needs to be cut short due to an emergency such as your home being flooded
- Extended travel disruption cover for missed departure in the case you miss a flight or can’t travel due to a strike, industrial action or mechanical breakdown, this cover is especially important for independent travellers
- Reimbursement of a car hire damage or theft excess if in an accident and the cost of replacing rental car keys
The policy also gives clients the choice to select additional covers they might need, such as cover for their winter ski holiday or, if they run their own business for example, the opportunity to cover themselves when they are away on a business trip. These additional options include:
- Baggage and money cover, including new for old cover for personal belongings
- Business Travel cover which includes the cost of a close business associate to replace you, if you are unable to attend a pre-arranged meeting and the cost of replacing business equipment
- Golf equipment in the case it is lost, stolen or damaged and green fees if you can't attend due to illness, an accident or are prevented from playing due to losing personal documents
- Winter Sports, including off-piste skiing within ski area boundaries of a recognised ski resort
- Extended sports activity cover for ‘high octane’ activities such as white water rafting, quad biking and kite surfing
Steve Langan, managing director of Hiscox UK and Ireland, comments: "Whether you are an independent pleasure-seeker, a sun worshipper or a frequent business flier, this comprehensive annual policy means you can enjoy everything from a spontaneous weekend in Italy to a planned safari in South Africa with the peace of mind knowing that if something does go wrong, you’ll get the assistance you need to get things back to normal as soon as possible.
"Taking the time to understand a policy and what it does and doesn't cover is important so that you are confident that you will have the right protection for your travel needs. For example, the financial failure of travel providers, such as hotels, airlines, car companies or even planned activities are a risk in these turbulent economic times. Our product offers up to £5,000 for travel disruption due to financial failure so if you have purchased a £600 hot air balloon flight on safari and the operator unfortunately goes into liquidation, we will cover these costs."
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
*Defaqto review and assess financial products across various categories and award a star rating from 1 to 5. Hiscox travel insurance offers 5* cover, which is the highest rating available. To find out more about Defaqto, visit their website http://www.defaqto.com/star-ratings
The new product is provided by Millstream Underwriting Limited, a Managing General Agent and is backed by AGA International S.A. Millstream specialise in Personal Accident & Travel Insurance products for professionals, employees and affinity groups.
Customers will be able to get a quote by visiting www.hiscox.co.uk/travel or by calling 0330 660 0751.
For further information please contact:
+44 (0) 207 448 6494
+44 (0) 207 074 1837
Hiscox, the international specialist insurer, is headquartered in Bermuda and listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE:HSX). There are three main underwriting parts of the Group - Hiscox London Market, Hiscox UK and Europe and Hiscox International. Hiscox London Market underwrites internationally traded business in the London Market - generally large or complex business which needs to be shared with other insurers or needs the international licences of Lloyd's. Hiscox UK and Hiscox Europe offer a range of specialist insurance for professionals and business customers, as well as high net worth individuals. Hiscox International includes operations in Bermuda, Guernsey and USA. Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, Hiscox Underwriting Limited, Hiscox Europe Underwriting Limited and Hiscox Syndicates Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
For further information, visit www.hiscoxgroup.com