For a small increase in the cost of your home insurance, you can receive £100,000 of legal expenses cover. This add-on is designed to protect you if you’re faced with paying for legal action or advice.
What is legal expenses insurance?
As a policy add-on to our home insurance, legal expenses cover can protect you against the cost of taking legal action should a situation arise where it’s needed. When you take out our home insurance, you can choose to add legal expenses cover to your policy. This provides up to £100,000 per claim for the cost of negotiating or pursuing your legal rights against a wide variety of legal issues.
This cover also protects all permanent members of your household and includes, among other things:
- certain types of employment and contract disputes
- bodily injury claims for sudden injuries or illnesses
- property disputes for damage worth more than £100
- court expenses relating to any of the claims we cover
- expert legal advice before making any claim
- no excess to pay
Why take out consider legal expenses insurance?
Facing a trial, whether it’s over an argument with a neighbour or a dispute about an employment contract, can be very expensive. But with our legal expenses insurance, you’ll have access to expert advice and your costs will be covered. For example, if a member of your family was hurt and you wanted to seek damages, our home insurance add-on would cover the cost of pursuing this up to £100,000.
You might think about taking out legal expenses insurance if:
- you've had to pursue your legal rights in the past and know how costly it can be
- you'd like the peace of mind of knowing that if legal action was ever necessary you'd be covered
- you want to be in a position to pursue your family's rights if you ever had to
How does our legal expenses insurance can protect you?
If you’ve added legal expenses cover to your policy and would like to seek confidential legal advice, please contact DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Ltd on 0800 731 3548. If we agree to an action or claim, we'll appoint a law firm, an accountant or another suitably qualified expert who will act on your behalf.
To find out more about Hiscox Home Insurance, read our policy documents >
Legal expenses insurance underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited