‘You can never find a plumber when you need one’ goes the old saying but if there is an emergency in your home such as a burst pipe, getting someone in quickly is critical and could save thousands of pounds worth of damage to your home.
By adding optional home emergency cover to your Hiscox Home Insurance policy, you'll receive swift assistance from our approved contractors for unforeseen household emergencies, including blocked drains, failed heating systems, interrupted gas or electricity supply, and even lost house keys.
Why you might consider home emergency insurance
- 24-hour assistance. Do you know who you would call if an emergency such as a burst pipe happened in the middle of the night?
- Easy access to contractors. Sourcing a contractor such as a plumber or electrician independently can be time consuming.
- Home emergencies can be expensive. Insurance can cover some, or all of the cost of dealing with necessary repairs.
How Hiscox optional cover can protect your home in emergencies
When you take out Hiscox Home Insurance, you can choose to add home emergency cover to your policy. This provides up to £1,000 (including VAT) per claim to cover the cost of labour, parts and materials for emergency repairs at your home. Your cover includes:
- Access to a 24-hour helpline
- No excess to pay and no impact on your claims history
- Immediate repairs carried out by one of our approved contractors – either temporary or permanent if of a similar cost
- Incidents leaving your home without its main source of heating or hot water
- Incidents leaving your home without electricity, gas or water supply
- Incidents posing a health, safety or security risk at your home
- Incidents making it impossible to gain access to your home
- Incidents affecting your outbuildings, such as your garage
If you have added home emergency cover to your policy and suffer a home emergency such as a burst water pipe or blocked drain, ring the 24-hour helpline on 0800 042 0342 and an approved contractor will be instructed to visit your home as soon as possible.
To find out more about Hiscox Home Insurance, read our policy documents >
Home emergency cover is provided by ARAG Plc and underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Limited