Terms and conditions: Cover stories competition (June)
May 09, 2014
Terms and conditions for the Cover Stories email competition.
1. CONTEST ENTRY
- The competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Hiscox Group (“Hiscox”), Quirk, Manifest, VCCP, Vizeum or their affiliate companies, their families, cohabitants, agents and anyone connected with the promotion.
- To enter the contest, provide your name, email address, photo entry and accompanying photo story via email. You must complete the details required for entry in full. You will be asked to provide your full name and email address.
- A limit of one entry per person will be accepted.
- No responsibility is accepted for any entries that are incomplete, ineligible, corrupted, lost or delayed or are unable to be sent because of any technical or other reason.
- Entry deadline is 21st July 2014.
2. SHARING IMAGES
- You warrant that the content and/or information you share is your own work and does not infringe the copyright or trademark of any third party. You must be the sole owner of the copyright in the content and/or information used.
- Your photos and information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. They will be deleted after a period of 3 months of inactivity, or if the App is removed from your Facebook account. When intellectual property content is deleted, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- Your photos and images must not be offensive, obscene, defamatory, abusive, insensitive, hateful, illegal or otherwise inappropriate in any way.
- There will be one prize awarded at random.
- The prize will be an experience tailored to the individual’s photo/story submission, worth £1000. the following prizes;
- The prize is as stated, is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Should an original prize become unavailable for any reason whatsoever, Hiscox Ltd may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value.
4. WINNER SELECTION
- Upon submitting their details, photo and accompany text, one winner will be selected at random by a computer algorithm.
5. PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION
- Hiscox will only use your data to contact you in connection with this competition unless you opt in to receive communications by ticking the box. We will not use your data for marketing purposes unless you choose to receive communication from us. If you do opt in by ticking the consent box and later decide that you would no longer like to receive these communications you can change your mind at any time by updating your registration details if you have an online account or by ticking the unsubscribe box on any opt-in communication you receive from Hiscox.
- Data will be stored on third party servers where an internet connection is available.
- Once the promotion is finished the data will be deleted in order to protect customer data.
- In no event shall Hiscox, nor any of its directors, officers or other representatives, be liable (whether under contract, tort, statute or otherwise) howsoever for any damages, losses, costs, claims, liabilities or expenses arising out of or in connection with the App, even if Hiscox has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Hiscox further disclaims liability for any damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the contest.
- Hiscox shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- Hiscox reserves the right to modify the Campaign at any time without prior notice.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. By entering the content you accept that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you enter.
- Where Hiscox is unable to satisfy certain terms and conditions of this promotion due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, Hiscox may modify such terms accordingly or, if necessary, suspend or discontinue the promotion.
- By entering the Changing Faces of Home Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and that your name and county of residence may be released if you win a prize. You also agree to your entry being used for any post-event publicity.
Hiscox Underwriting Ltd. Registered in England No . 1 Great St Helen’s, London, EC3A 6HX. Authorised by [the Financial Conduct Authority}. Firm Reference Number . www.hiscox.co.uk