Five security gadgets to protect your home
December 02, 2014
The latest tech designed to keep your home safe while you’re away.
If you’re away this winter – whether it’s visiting family over Christmas or jetting abroad in search of some sun – you need to ensure you’ve taken steps to protect your house.
You may not be at home, but nobody else need know with the smartphone-controlled gadgets that put security at the touch of a button.
1. Belkin WeMo Switch, £39.99, Belkin. Crank up the radio, or turn off the TV. This posh plug brings the house to life, even if nobody’s there.
2. Withings Home, £169.95, Withings. See everything that happens in your absence with this smart HD camera, which records and uploads noteworthy events to your phone.
3. Philips Hue Connected Bulb Starter Pack, £179.95, John Lewis. Come dusk, these app-controlled bulbs are an illuminating way of deterring burglars.
4. Response miGuard G5 Remote Monitoring Alarm System, £179.99, Maplin. Stay in the know and take control with instant text alerts if your property floods, has a power failure or is broken into.
5. Autoglide Electric Curtain Tracks, £319 for starter kit, Silent Gliss. Sleek and subtle, these programmable curtain motors keep valuables safely out of sight.
For more tips and advice from Hiscox experts on how to keep your home secure, please click here.